Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS -SYD,AU- LaserPhysics Argon Laser (SOLD)

vk2fro

This laser is now SOLD.

Hi guys

I've got too many lasers and this one is getting no use except for maintenance burns. Its also cluttering up my kitchen bench, so it has to go. I am getting a multiline off Things, so I figured I'd sell this one to a LPF member who wants an argon.

I bought this laser off Timelablasers about a year ago - and have since only run it for about 6 hours total, just to keep the tube healthy. (half hour burns every month)

The laser comes with key, cable (aussie mains plug), interlock plug, and the laser. They go from sub 5mw up to over 50mw, of bright blue/cyan beam. They are variable via a knob on the back throughout this range. The plug should be easily chopped off and replaced with a plug from your country. They are world voltage (95-265VAC) so will run almost anywhere mains power is available.

They are noisy. Argons have a big fan and sound like a small vacuum running when going.

Below is a pic of the unit

vip99h.jpg

and a beam shot in my living room

5234750338_04d428d4dd_z.jpg

The laser weighs about 9kg, and will be shipped in its original shipping carton.

Edit: forgot to add that these were backup lasers for a lab according to TimeLabLasers, and have very low run hours (in the hundreds) and last around 5000-8000 hours, so there is plenty of life left in this one for the buyer. As long as you take care of it, and run it once a month for 1/2 hour to an hour, it will serve you well and fire first click every time.

Looking for $250 + shipping

Shipping in australia should be around $25-$30, it will be much more expensive to ship overseas. Hence I have made the price a bit lower so that overseas buyers can have a go at this sale as well. Last time I quoted to the US, it was about $125. Also I recently sent a laser projector that was half the weight to china for about $90, so those prices seem to fit ok.

Last edited:

vk2fro

Re: FS -SYD,AU- LaserPhysics Argon Laser

Bump - no one wants a single line argon these days (although I bet its the shipping - its outragously expensive to ship one of these things overseas!)

Hmm, Willing to strip it apart. I have that same laser, minus the inbuilt power supply bits, its been too long, and still have not fired it up.

Cheers
Dave

Yes. I recognise the newness of the system, And it's practically nonexistant hours, But the price seems too high (for me) I will readily buy An Argon system for 200eu (266 dollars) shipped.
Kind Regards,
Ivan Kozlov.

vk2fro

Considering I paid $425 for it shipped ($25 shipping from melbourne to sydney), 200eu equates to $264 australian. Take the shipping out of that (to spain would be pretty expensive) and I'd be left with $164, less than half of what I paid for the laser.

Gonna drop the price to $250aud + shipping, and if it doesnt go in a few days I'll put it on ebay.

Yes. I recognise the newness of the system, And it's practically nonexistant hours, But the price seems too high (for me) I will readily buy An Argon system for 200eu (266 dollars) shipped.
Kind Regards,
Ivan Kozlov.

I think that even $300 was a fair price for a working Argon WITH power supply. More often than not you can only find the head...and usually it's not in that great of shape. Even on ebay, when they show up a whole unit w/PSU, they run far more than $300.

Glad that you were able to sell it vk2fro...Sorry that you had to give it up though.

vk2fro

Me too, its a nice laser but it was taking up space and seldom got use - its usefulness for laser shows is limited as i cannot modulate it without scouring ebay for an AOM, and the power is just not great enough considering you can get a nice 1W square beam out of a little diode, and with a prism pair, an even closer beam profile to an argon.

I'm sure Garoq will have oodles of fun with his new argon. I'm mailing it to him tomorrow or friday - dependant on when silly paypal puts the money in my bank (I'd send it now, as he has already paid me, but theres a slight problem - post office doesnt accept paypal and my bank account at the present says no LOL!)