Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Spantan 1w + 2x Tenergy 3.0v 750mAH + Charger

Jaxz

I have deided to sell my newly bought Spartan. Please help to buy. Will give free Batteries and charger.

Some history. This Spartan was bought for less than a month but it stop working a few days ago. Dragon Lasers propose me a replacement. I have just sent the defected merchandise early morning via my government post service.

Tracking ID: ER332816337SG
It should arrive at Dragon Lasers latest by 3 Dec 2010, from there Dragon Lasers will sent me their replacement Spartan 1W.

Reason to sell:
I think Spartan cannot meet up to my expectations of the duty cycle, I need a longer burning time but the Spartan cannot provide such a requirement. I have ask Frank at Dragon LAsers what exactly is the duty Cycle, but he did not provide me with a value. However I proceed to purchase anyway after reading good reviews on laserpointerforums. When I got my laser, it can't even perform to my expectations. The review says 10mins, but I just switch it on for a min, my laser died. I decided I won't want a laser that can't even operate for 5mins, but Dragon Laser won't provide me with a refund, I have no choice but to sell it away at a loss. I have ordered an Artic G2 which has continuous duty cycle, although Artic has half the power what Spartan can give, Spartan cannot last long. There is no point for me to keep a laser that cannot bring me any fun.

For my potential buyer, once I received the replacement Laser from Dragon Laser in early December, I will proceed with the shipment immediately. I will not open its package but sent it as it is. But if you request to test, I can open it up. I will test its power with my newly bought nospin LPM, and also test it with my Kenometer. I will provide a black and white photo of the reading I get from nospin, and from Kenometer, I will print out a graph.

I will ship it with the tested readings, the laser, and the newly bought batteries: http://www.batteryjunction.com/2rc375reliba.html So if you buy from me, you will save your trouble from looking for batteries yourself. Fyi, Dragon Lasers don't sell their Spartan with batteries and charger.

My charge of shipment should not be expensive as what Dragon Laser charge you. The whole package only weight around 400g. Dragon Laser can charge me at a price of US$40 for shipping without tracking abilities, but I realise it only cost US$30.50 for me to ship it back, with tracking abilities. If you are interested, I can ship it via tracking I don't overprice my shipment, can provide a reciept from my post office if you want. Let me know which country you stay.

Price: US$240 + free batteries & charger + shipping

p.s. Recommended Duty Cycle: 30s on, 10 off. I highly suspect it is the design of the Spartan that it has poor heat sinking. For a high powered laser, it should not use brass but use Aluminium or copper.

Last edited:

Jaxz

Case close, not selling anymore. I am not getting this Laser back from Dragon Lasers.

They have cheated the laser out of the RMA shipping