Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:Sinner10x - Beam Expander And Attachment

sinner

FS: Sinner10x - Beam Expander and Attachment

8dnZCpS.jpg

Now adding to my list of offerings, is a new attachment for the following Cypreus hosts,
It also accepts a few older ones like MS-SSW.

MS-SSW-I , II, III & IV
Cypreus-III
Cypreus-IIIB

Sinner10x Attachment is a 38mm mount designed for any 1-1/2" Size heads that I offer,
The beam expander can be purchased with the hosts OR directly from Jetlasers ,
Although I do have a limited supply at the moment i donot plan to stock them regularly.

Here's another image with the mounted Expander , The Attachment can be mounted Directly to the host.
OR to the Focus Adapter for two stage focus/defocusing.

TIFXfiq.jpg

Currently I am only offering these attachments for $60.00 but if there is more interest, a small batch can bring the price down..
After these two (one has already been spoken for) I will add more depending on how many are willing to sign up. PM to add to the next round of BE's & Attachments..

In Pipeline:
Larger Heatsink for Cypreus-IIIB for all your 6W+ needs.
- driver mount separated
- Full 30mm DTR module (incl back portion) can fit..
- High Current Gold Plated Springs and ZeroResistance Contacts etc.

Pricing: Cypreus-IIIB Host , XL Heatsink, Attachment - $225.00
Beam Expander: Jetlasers 10x Adjustable focus BE (price pending)

Thanks for looking :wave:​

I want one for my Hulk 520nm :D

Should fit right ?

Awesome man!

The Jetlaser beam expanders had a little change in diameter over time i believe..

Wich one does it accept ?, as i want to use the one i have ''one of the first''

Last edited:

sinner

Well I only have the most recent version. If you have the same threading i.e: M25x0.5 like the current version , diameter of the expander itself matters very little.

Thanks.

Jetlasers designed that beam expander to be used with an attachment so it could slide around on the end of their laser pointer to allow centering. I've always found it a task I had to do each time I put that beam expander back on my pointer to get the beam properly centered into the optics. Because of that, I have some concern that the expander might not center correctly onto the beam. Have you noticed any problem like this, or can the position of your adapter be adjusted from side to side and then secured into place with its own set screw? Perhaps with your design and the type of Aixiz modules we use this isn't a factor we have to deal with? I know it is with my Jetlasers pointer.

sinner

I found it to be an inconvenience too, so unless your diode is off center, which doesnt seem to be the case we should have eliminated the issue, and the need to use the provided centering piece.

Have you tried this attachment with a wide multimode laser diode like the M140 to make sure none of it's extra wide ribbon like beam is not cut off due to the beam expanders somewhat small input aperture? It might only have a clear input aperture of about 3.5mm from what I can tell, plus or minus 1 mm, but I'm not sure how wide the beam from a M140 laser diode is.

The reason Jetlasers made their attachment so it could slide around is because their beam output isn't round, it's far more rectangular than a normal 532nm DPSS laser. I believe this is because their 532nm laser pointers are not TEM00 mode and instead are running at some far higher mode (maybe they are supposed to be TEM00, but mine isn't), that's probably how they can make them so powerful at the low prices they offer them at, if you don't run TEM00 you can get a lot more power out of a DPSS crystal. Anyway, my point is I think they were forced to design their BE to slide around on the front to get it properly centered before tightening due to their extra wide beamwidth output and small input aperture on their beam expander, otherwise small variations from pointer to pointer would cause misalignment problems. Maybe this not a factor for our Aixiz diode modules but wanted to ask to be sure.

Last edited:

sinner

This is exactly made for the multimode 445nm's like M140's , NDB7875 , 7A75 and the new NUMB44 diodes.. the BE's aperture is exactly the size of our collimated beam out of the
G-2 optics (and other single element optics) , There isn't much that can be changed to fit our needs even better, why bother with details.. I think the performance/price ratio of these were among the best the hobbyists could get for just over $100.00

Greatly appreciate the input.

:beer:

sinner

Sounds good, I think SM is in too, so that makes two so far..

Thanks.

I really like the Jetlasers beam expander, the price they sell them at is very low compared to any other beam expander on the market as well as their high quality.

sinner

I've seen them on sale for $59.00 and didnt feel the need to buy one , until these 520's and NUBM diodes came out.. Just can't justify them without a use of BE.

I've seen them on sale for $59.00 and didnt feel the need to buy one , until these 520's and NUBM diodes came out.. Just can't justify them without a use of BE.

Amen,

So does your adapter need the adapter that comes with the Jetlaser beam expander ?

Or can we use it without it ?

Ohh yeah i'm in :)

Last edited:

sinner

It does both ways, also with or without focus adapter. I am assuming you're going to use it on your 1.4W Hulk MS-SSW so it will fit directly on to the host, You have to tighten the screws with allen keys. Interestingly the allen keys can also be used to achieve the best centering possible I've kept a 1.2mm off-set adjustment just in case..

Thanks.

It does both ways, also with or without focus adapter. I am assuming you're going to use it on your 1.4W Hulk MS-SSW so it will fit directly on to the host, You have to tighten the screws with allen keys. Interestingly the allen keys can also be used to achieve the best centering possible I've kept a 1.2mm off-set adjustment just in case..

Thanks.

Hi Sinner :)

Indeed for the 1.4W MS-SSW,

The connection from Laser host to adapter is what i understand, but the Beam expander from Jetlaser comes with a tiny adapter that screws onto there PL-E pro's....
That's a piece that won't be needed right ?
When connecting your adapter to the beam expander itself...

Or is my Beam expander obsolete for your design ?
''Hard to tell from your angle picture's''

The piece in the middle, still needed ?

*Also noticed just now after this post* that i can remove the ring that still sit's on the expander in both picture's.. so it has threads..
YCPvekP.jpg

Ha6vXQz.jpg

Last edited: