Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pen style >10mW bluray

I am selling the first of my units, as seen in this thread here http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1208323311

Price: $120usd + $5 shipping to the US (no international for now)

You get:
>10mW 405nm laser pointer
Storage case
1 Primary CR2 lithium battery
2 Rechargeable CR2 lithium ion batteries
1 CR2 battery charger

This laser will have an approximate delay of 2 weeks to ship as I'm currently waiting on a new diode (blew the previous one by accidentally hitting the pot)

Click Image to Enlarge

Pic of the accessories
Click Image to Enlarge

wow it looks nice. what driver/boost circuit are you using?

pwnstar said:
wow it looks nice. what driver/boost circuit are you using?

a secret one ;)

heh sorry but the driver is a large part of what makes the laser unique

i would, but can't on account of the diode being dead right now - but if nobody wants it before the diode comes in i'll make a video of it for ya :)

Is this the dead Lavalaser in your sig? I take it then that the death was cause by your accident and not faulty construction? I'm about to buy a custom one from Dr Lava so I'm rather curious...

no this laser was made by me, the one in my sig that died i'm still not sure what really killed it, either static or COD most likely

drlava

Nope, the dead one was a 'lab' laser that he got with some other stuff on a trade for a dead argon. It used a different driver and an older PS3 diode that apparently suffered infant mortality. The latest PS3 diodes are stronger and more reliable than that batch.

I'm interested...
But I'd be spending all my money on it....... Should I? :-/ :-/ :-/

iewed

potatorage said:
I'm interested...
But I'd be spending all my money on it....... Should I?  :-/ :-/ :-/

Yes, you should. You'll be getting a great laser in an amazing housing (That doubles as a heat sink). I would buy it, but I spent all my money on buying stuff to make my own Blu-Ray.

I know it is purely semantics, but this is really a "pointer style" rather than pen style I think ? I am NOT criticizing - just commenting - I think <a.k.a. my opinion> that a pen style denotes AAA batteries, not CR2 or CR123's...It looks damned nice whatever you wish to call it though ! ;)

iewed

SenKat_Stonetek said:
I know it is purely semantics, but this is really a "pointer style" rather than pen style I think ?  I am NOT criticizing - just commenting - I think <a.k.a. my opinion> that a pen style denotes AAA batteries, not CR2 or CR123's...It looks damned nice whatever you wish to call it though !  ;)

You could call it the "Edwina" style.

Milos

it is VERY nice looking! Great job Mario..

do you have different power units, or only 10mW?

SenKat_Stonetek said:
I know it is purely semantics, but this is really a "pointer style" rather than pen style I think ? I am NOT criticizing - just commenting - I think <a.k.a. my opinion> that a pen style denotes AAA batteries, not CR2 or CR123's...It looks damned nice whatever you wish to call it though ! ;)

yea they're not quite as thin as a AAA battery based unit - but compared to most other units around with plastic project boxes or flashlight style housings, it's pretty thin (it's not much fatter than my WL executive)

so yea it's kind of a stretch to call it a "pen" but I like to think of it as one :)

Miloš said:
it is VERY nice looking! Great job Mario..

do you have different power units, or only 10mW?

that will depend on the new diode I get, will have to see ;)