Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Novalasers Alpha 125

I bought this laser almost this laser almost three years ago. However, I lost a fair bit of interest the hobby less than six months after purchasing it and it has been sitting in my closet rarely used since then. It's in great condition and does not have a single scratch. I don't own a laser power meter, but it still seems to burn as well as it did the day it arrived. Comes with the case and diffraction grating shown in the pictures. I would like $200 for it. Buyer pays shipping.

imgp0068.jpg

imgp0067c.jpg

imgp0069k.jpg

imgp0080.jpg

imgp0084s.jpg

Last edited:

Although it seems like it's in decent condition, I think $300 is too much, since it's 3 years old, I've another guy selling the same item, for half.

Guys this is a great laser, and even though turtlecannon has not been on here much recently, look at his post count and rep, he is a trusted member, and I am sure that the laser is still mint, look at the pics!

@turtlecannon, even though some of the vets here know you are trusted, you may want to get it power tested by another vet here. I would also like to say, welcome back. you have >1,000 posts so you can go in the vet section, let me know if you want the new password!

joshv

I would be interested in purchasing this for $140 and $10 for shipping. Do you know what mw this laser was spec'd for when you bought it?
Thanks

125mW, knowing Nova, it was probably doing a lot more than that, their lasers are consistently overspec. I doubt you're going to get it for $150 shipped, new this laser costs $389 and shipping, and he's already lowered the price at least twice.

joshv

125mW, knowing Nova, it was probably doing a lot more than that, their lasers are consistently overspec. I doubt you're going to get it for $150 shipped, new this laser costs $389 and shipping, and he's already lowered the price at least twice.

I understand that I probably wont get this item for $150 shipped, I am simply offering him someone who will purchase it for that price if he decides he would like to sell it. Ive been looking for a good quality laser at a decent price. Good luck selling it

I could make paypal payment immediately as well. Over the weekend also

I would be interested in purchasing this for $140 and $10 for shipping. Do you know what mw this laser was spec'd for when you bought it?
Thanks

Yeah I'm not interested in going that low on this laser.

I'm having trouble finding the paperwork but I'm pretty sure it was spec'd at 135-140mw average with a peak at around 146mw. About a year and a half ago I built one of the laser power meters from this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/diy-laser-power-meter-interface-module-26428.html
and I was getting a peak of about 150mw. Unfortunately though, I sold the head for that meter so I can't test it now. If anyone would be willing to measure the power of this laser I will pay for shipping both ways.