Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Multiline Argon System - Aus

Things

Hey guys,

Well, I've had my fun with this argon laser, and I'm getting a bit tired of lugging it around with me when I move, so I thought I'd try pass it on to a home that'd enjoy it some more.

This is actually a NEC GLG3078 I believe ML head, combined with a Uniphase PSU & a custom Uniphase ignitor board I designed to fit in the place of the old igniter.

Note that this argon laser does still work, but it can be temperamental in starting. Sometimes it won't start and just keep clicking, sometimes it'll start first click, the tube has quite high hours on it! The hour meter was broken however, so it has been removed. I'll include a little power adjustment and "start" button box -thingy, but you'll need to find a DB25 (Printer/parallel port) cable to connect it with :)

When pushed to high power, you get a nice range of lines. Note the distortions are due to the CD I was using as a splitter:

DSCF5052.jpg

And a beautiful TEM00 dot:

DSCF5061.JPG

DSCF5069.jpg

And internal to the head, showing the custom ignitor board:

DSCF5042.jpg

It probably does around 5-10mW at full power :)

Literally a plug and "go" (When it feels like firing) system, here in Aus :)

I'm not 100% sure if I actually have the fan here anymore, if not there are plenty on eBay you could use, or a very high flow 120mm fan would suffice too.

Because this is quite a heavy item, I think shipping will be quite expensive (Probably around $40) Still a hell of a lot cheaper than shipping from overseas!

Price? Who knows, make me an offer :)

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited: