Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: MiniMagLite w/ 245mW 650nm Laser Diode -$58.72

Hey Everyone, I realize a lot of people have already seen my advertisement for these but I'm sure there are some people who haven't!

I'm selling a few miniMag's with a Sony 16x DVD burner laser diode (245mW 650nm Red) inside an Aixiz Laser Module (to focus the laser beam and hold the diode) inside a miniMagLite for a voltage source. They are quite small and compact and look just a like a flashlight. If anyone is interested send me a PM or email to kendallwyatt@hotmail.com or to see more details and pictures check out my website that I'm selling them through at http://www.HighTechDealZ.com, Thanks all for looking and hope your day is going well!

for those that are curious I am also putting in a mini Driver Circuit as an additional option. This should somewhat regulate the voltage going into the diode and increase its lifespan considerably.

Thanks

YouTube video of it lighting matches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfnrXgUJJE
YouTube video of it cutting tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUB91W8pFrs&feature=user

Attachments

• laser1.gif
    laser1.gif
    85 KB · Views: 93

Re: FS: MiniMagLite w/ 245mW 650nm Laser Diode -$5

I will take one, but i want the resistor put in so that the diode won't be accidentally burned up, and what is your warranty like. Say it arrives dead or the diode burns out in like a week, do you cover it or is there no warranty?

chido said:
Look at this thread dude.

People! Please Look at my thread before you jump at buying this.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good little laser with a rather nice output power, but the wiring is very bad and messy and very easy to break. I see the problem that there isn't much space inside for a driver but parts have been soldered directly to the diode...

jake21

yea i herd bad things about those lasers search on ebay (burning laser) if u can find one here ;)

sk8er4514, could you find the datasheet for the diode you use? I searched the name on the side of it and it says its only a 70mW diode.

chido

I believe he said he was using the same diodes Greg's using, but maybe he has the diodes from the bad batch. Who knows???
Lamborgini, could you please post exactly what the markings on the diode say. Thank you.

You need a bigger cap, around 47uf/10v or so is good.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Switch

Dude, you're getting a lot of stuff wrong here....the 245mW figure probably refers to pulsed operation if you took that from the data sheet.No way it's gonna reach that.You're charging way too much for the components + the work + the overall quality.

chido

I highly doubt he's going to listen to you.
All I've bought from him has been 3 blank aixiz housings, shipping was fast but I didn't like the way he sent the modules, I sent him this pm the other day but he hasn't said anything yet: ::)

chido said:
Thanks man, I got your package yesterday. One tip though:
I recommend you assemble the modules before shipping them out because the lenses can easily be scratched with all the parts moving around, especially with the pointy ends of the springs, and also because the two halfs of the modules aren't interchangeable with other modules, (most of them fit really tight when the pair doesn't match, or they don't fit together at all) so when I got mine it took me a bit of time to find the halfs that matched perfectly with one another.
Just a little tip so your costumers get more satisfied. ;) (end of criticism) ;D
BTW, I liked the business card you included, very professional. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Regards

chido

geeze, talking some serious hate towards me lately..

and also, bigmanjason had bought a maglite from me and without saying anything did a chargeback. if anyone else sells is reading this, DO NOT SELL TO BIGMANJASON.

and because of all this mess I'm going to stop selling completed maglites to people as no one really knows that they are a homemade creation and not a professional laser. I still have like 23 laser diodes w/ markings 6EJL 1023. I'll be selling them for a lot less on my site.

Kenom

take steps to resolve the problem that your customer is having and maybe there won't be. I'm all about giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you can get lamborgini's laser fixed and he would be willing to give a positive referral towards you. having retailed some of my own lasers it's important to take care of the customers in order to be viewed in a positive light.

Just some friendly critisizm.

sk8er4514 said:
geeze, talking some serious hate towards me lately..

and also, bigmanjason had bought a maglite from me and without saying anything did a chargeback. if anyone else sells is reading this, DO NOT SELL TO BIGMANJASON.

and because of all this mess I'm going to stop selling completed maglites to people as no one really knows that they are a homemade creation and not a professional laser. I still have like 23 laser diodes w/ markings 6EJL 1023. I'll be selling them for a lot less on my site.

Dont stop selling, keep at it. Its just the build quality was no where near what I expected, I know its not a professional thing but the way you built it, it just broke almost instantly.

The diode is incredibly loose in there as well, perhaps do something about that?

klost

I've bought a "240mw 650nm Burning Laser Pointer" modded minimag from "sk8er4514", for 189$,
from its site, nitroxlasers.com.

The diode fried after 2 days of use, duty cycle applied.
I have it in front of me. I read "6ejl 1017", so its undoubtedly an SLD1236VL-54 model.

No driver, no resistor/cap
[yes I knew it but I was just curious about its
"it works also without driver.. heatsink is provided by the Aixiz housing"
and
"adding silver heatsink compound in between the
diode and the housing lowers the temperature by several degrees"
statements],
crap aftermarket switch, bad-working "twisting-top" on/off mechanism.
Impossible to replace the diode because of the incredible loose no-wiring inside.

Duty cycle [30 secs ON --- 30 secs OFF] is mentioned only in a business-card attached to the package,
not in its web-site.

Yes, this guy offered me a "90 days replacement guarantee", but seen the totally messed up work, I dont want anything more from him.

P.S. I then have bought 2 MXDLs from "JayRob" here I'm very happy with.. these ones are of amazing build quality.

klost said:
I've bought a "240mw 650nm Burning Laser Pointer" modded minimag from "sk8er4514", for 189$,
from its site, nitroxlasers.com.

The diode fried after 2 days of use, duty cycle applied.
I have it in front of me. I read "6ejl 1017", so its undoubtedly an SLD1236VL-54 model.

No driver, no resistor/cap
[yes I knew it but I was just curious about its
"it works also without driver.. heatsink is provided by the Aixiz housing"
and
"adding silver heatsink compound in between the
diode and the housing lowers the temperature by several degrees"
statements],
crap aftermarket switch, bad-working "twisting-top" on/off mechanism.
Impossible to replace the diode because of the incredible loose no-wiring inside.

Duty cycle [30 secs ON --- 30 secs OFF] is mentioned only in a business-card attached to the package,
not in its web-site.

Yes, this guy offered me a "90 days replacement guarantee", but seen the totally messed up work, I dont want anything more from him.

P.S. I then have bought 2 MXDLs from "JayRob" here I'm very happy with.. these ones are of amazing build quality.

I did not sell you that. That is not my website and not my product.

And I've been putting 5ohm resisotrs w/ 47uF caps into the minimag to limit the current and regulate the voltage spike respectively. I just bought some mini drivers from rckstr recently and will be putting those in as well to really make the diode happy :)

klost

sk8er4514 said:
I did not sell you that. That is not my website and not my product.

You're right.

I was stupidly assuming you and the guy owning this site were the same person.  :-[

Big "excuse me".