Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Low Cost 445nm/ 405nm protection? : Red Enhancement Glasses on eBay.

I am selling low cost Glasses (Plastic slip overs), used the make red beams more visible. These are used in laser traing/ aiming/ construction, etc.

I did some measurements and the OD at 405nm is about 2.4
405nm, 83mW input, 0.3mW passes the glasses.

OK don't flame me since they are not OD 7.

A lot of talk is going around about saftey glasses for the new 445nm diodes.
Some say, I need OD7.
Well, NOIR told me OD 7 is great- if you are working with a 100watt laser.
They would say OD 4 or 5 is fine for the 1 watt diodes.

an OD between 2 and 3 is the same as multiplying the input beam by 0.01 or 0.001
OD 3 is the same as 1/1000 of the original power of the laser passing through.
So 1 watt laser, passes into the glasses, and 1mW gets to your eye.
Is my math right?
who is planning on passing the beam directly int thier eye?
who needs a beam to be 0.0000001 the original power?
OSHA, etc.
and don't write and tell me you a re a laser safety engineer at XYZ company, or Gov't agency. Some protection at under $10 is better than NO PROTECTION.p

Some can't spend $50 on pair of safety glases. Should they go without?
Some don't want direct beam protection, maybe they just want the beam to apear dimmer when using it- under certain uses. Yes, we all want the beam to appear bright , right? not all the time.

So, check out my ebay page, and bid on a pair. Write/ PM if you need more.
I only have about 25 pairs left. Then they are gone, as I was selling off old stock.
See may ebay page, and look down for the glasses.

lasers4u items - Get great deals on Business Industrial, Electronics items on eBay.com!

Starting bid under $6
BIN price is under $9.50

we can work something out s=for shipping more than one.
Will

I think someone tested these and they don't provide adequate protection on their own. A better choice is some yellow safety goggles as they block the blue far better.

Also while having some protection is better than no protection, having inadequate protection can lead to false security, and taking risks. Someone who may not even attempt the experiment may choose to try it with the inadequate protection.

That said, those are a lot nicer laser enhancement goggles than others I've seen, and would probably work nicely for green. The crappy ones I've got are uncomfortable and the ear-pieces broke.

Thanks Bionic...
I hope someone new reads it and understands that these will NOT be the same as a good pair of protection glasses. Yes, our eyes would not be woth the low cost of these guys.
I can test them for green, and post the data.
Thanks