Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Laser Diode Test Bed with driver

This is a laser diode testing device. It is powered by an AC to 9v DC 500 mA wall adapter. The unit has an on/off switch as well as a large heat sink for testing or running laser diodes. The heatsink is designed to accept an Aixiz module then hard wire it to the power unit via the white/blue wires. The self contained power unit provides 0 to 1000 mA's of power to the diode. It has an adjustable pot on the back to change the power settings. To make it more of a portable unit I added a Thorlabs laser driver connector with an anti-static circuit board built in. It also has a 3 prong adapter at the end so a diode will plug right in. I used it to test multiple diodes prior to making the final connections to a host. I also used it to test the maximum power a diode could produce by slowing advancing the power adjustment screw. I will also include a home made load tester which is nothing more then 4 1N4001 diodes and a resistor so you can adjust the unit to the correct power before connecting your laser diode. If you have any questions please PM me. I paid about $85 for the test unit and the Thorlabs connector with adapter was another $30 or so. I will accept $65.00 shipped free in the US. Paypal preferred.
Picture of the Laser Diode tester
_DSC0562.jpg

Another side view
_DSC0563.jpg

Bottom view showing electronics and adjustment screw
_DSC0564.jpg

Picture of Thorlabs instructions for the connector
_DSC0565.jpg

Shameless bump and price drop to $50.00 shipped in the US free. Paypal is acceptable...