Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Laser and Flashlight all-in-one $150

I finally able to make my own heatsink thanks to Dark_Horse and Jayrob for helping to get my lathe turning. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Up for sale is a flexible size and power source Laser and CREE LED flashlight all in one. [smiley=happy.gif]

Driver is FlexDrive with Blu-ray 803T LD in Sure Module with clear Acrylic Lens; Open Can RED LD is available as well for the same price.

The pocket size takes 1x CR123A 3.0v primary or 3.7v rechargeable, the compact size takes 2x AA 1.2v-1.5v. You also get the CREE premium LED flashlight drop-in with the same size and power configuration as well.

The host is a premium quality Romisen RC-N3 with forward tail cap clicky switch. Host is from
shiningbeam you can get it from DX or KD as well.  

CR123.jpg

Pocket size using 1 x CR123

2x-AA.jpg

Compact size using 2x 1.5v AA with AA extension tub

Heatsink-F.jpg

Heatsink-S.jpg

Heatsink2.jpg

HS-fitting.jpg

Heatsink from different views

Guts.jpg

HS-fitting2.jpg

Module and Driver inside heatsink

Guts2.jpg

With this heatsink all you need to do is solder the wires between the LD and Driver and attach a spring to the positive battery side of the driver.
Insert the module with driver from the back and secure the module by a set screw (1.5mm hex key), the backend of the heatsink is bored out to 13mm diameter and 12mm in depth to hold the driver in place.
Heatsink is also available for $30 shipped. ;)

PA060010.jpg

Adonization needs to remove in here in order to conduct electricity.

LED.jpg

Complete CREE LED drop-in included. You can turn a Laser to a flashlight or vice versa in 60 seconds.
Light-beam.jpg

Beamshot from 1 Meter
Light-beam2.jpg

Complete Flashlight
Power.jpg

Pricing:
$185 $150 Blu-Ray 803T or RED Open Can Laser, free shipping in CONUS via Priority Mail
+$5 Outside US via First Class Mail (PM me for other shipping options)
$30 $25 Heatsink, free shipping via First Class Mail worldwide

Re: FS: Laser and Flashlight all-in-one

you got some purty solder joints there mister ;)

JLSE

Very clean cuts there Mr.Monk :) I see youve been practicing ::)

ndrew2505 said:
you got some purty solder joints there mister ;)

thanks drew. :)

wannaburn said:
Very clean cuts there Mr.Monk :) I see youve been practicing ::)

lol ;D its my third heatsink, first one in this design. ;D Lesson learned, if it cut to well stop and check before it's too late. ;D

JLSE

I can see you have a nice riggid machine ;) Is it a mini or full size lathe? If mini what parting tool are you using? Mine always jams :mad:

wannaburn said:
I can see you have a nice riggid machine ;) Is it a mini or full size lathe? If mini what parting tool are you using? Mine always jams :mad:

Its a 7x10 mini-lathe ;D

My 5/16" parting tool was too high for my toolpost it was useless. :(

Tips from Jayrob, buy pre-cut pieces. ;)

A few drops of cutting oil help greatly with cutting, be sure to get one for all metals. ;)

JLSE

I looked into the parting tool a little further a couple of months back. It seems that it is a difficult task even with larger lathes. Precut would only serve to slow me down, I use 7in lengths of stock, turn 5 or 6 pieces and cut. Im looking into a lathe/mill 2 in 1 deal, as the prices are pretty good nowaday. I guess parting is just like threading, lots and lots of practise :)

If you really need parting, use a parting blade instead but you need to buy a tool holder for that as well.

JLSE

TheMonk said:
If you really need parting, use a parting blade instead but you need to buy a tool holder for that as well.

I have one, just gave up on it. The first half of the cut goes well, ::)lots of lube ::) etc. Then the jamming starts. I was really good with a lathe in highschool, and built a 1/8th scale nitro engine for my credit. But the mini lathes are limited from what I hear. I joined a forum for machining a while back and had guys in their 30+years of related wisdom all tell me to get a bigger lathe :-[
They said the problem with parting is the small size of the machine, and too much slack. Mind you its the only aspect that gives me a hard way to go. The rest of it is all good, I need to invest in a good set of boring bars though.

Monk, I know any comments from me aren't worth a hell of a lot, seeing as I only had shop for one year in high school, & don't own my own lathe, or other metal working tools 'cept a drill press & grinder, but man, even an untrained eye such as mine, can see that you put a lot of time & effort & design planning into this project. Your reward is a perfect, (near as I can tell) 'sink & diode/PCB holder, all rolled into one. Very, very fine lathe work, that would give Dark_Horse, Jayrob, or any of the other lathe-masters on this Forum, a good run for their money. That is as fine a piece of lathing on a pc. of Aluminum as I've ever seen, NO S**T :eek: :eek: :eek: Keep up the great work ;) IIRC, back in freshman year shop, the lathe was one of my favorite pcs. of machine tools I was able to work on. I also got pretty D**N good at cutting & threading pipe :) I sure wish I could afford a lathe, & RIGID pipe cutter/threader of my own too :( :( Enough of my gabbin', to put this all in a nut-shell, GREAT JOB & KEEP UP THE FINE WORK ;) ;) just rob :cool:

phoenix and Sawt thanks for the kind words. :D

I have both a mini-lathe and a mini-mill machine. I buy the aluminum in 12 to 18 inch lengths. I then use a Ryobi table top bandsaw to cut the blanks. The blade is a fine tooth metal cutting type. Once the blanks are cut, you can then place them on your lathe to turn the face flat and shiny. I probably only lose about 1/8th of an inch, much less than using a parting tool. The best part is it takes about 1 minute to make the cut through 3 inch aluminum cylinders. Using a parting tool takes much longer.

WackBag said:
I have both a mini-lathe and a mini-mill machine.  I buy the aluminum in 12 to 18 inch lengths.  I then use a Ryobi table top bandsaw to cut the blanks.  The blade is a fine tooth metal cutting type.  Once the blanks are cut, you can then place them on your lathe to turn the face flat and shiny.  I probably only lose about 1/8th of an inch, much less than using a parting tool.  The best part is it takes about 1 minute to make the cut through 3 inch aluminum cylinders.  Using a parting tool takes much longer.
Very Nice Job Monk!
I am impressed. The heat-sinks looks really nice. If you can machine on a mini-lathe, a larger one will only be easier, just a little more intimidating at first.
For parting, one method that helps is to begin your part, but after a mm or so, withdraw your tool, slide over just a little and re-begin your plunge into the material again, repeat as needed, back and forth. This will give you the needed room on the sides to keep from pinching your parting-blade. Commercial parting-blades are wider at the top to help keep room on the sides. Also, make sure you are sqaure to your workpiece, any angle really fowls things up. The lack of rigidity in a mini-machine will limit the ease of parting, but I can tell you in a "full-size" LeBlonde" lathe, it only takes me seconds to finish a parting-cut. Pre-cutting blanks on a chop-saw works great too.
Keep it up! Machining, like electronics has a fairly steep learning curve, but is also very rewarding.
Thanks,
DH

hey dude, just came back from long leave :-X and heard mad_cow talking about yr lathe, so u finally got one! and what a nice job! u are born to arm with all the tools, buddy! got to go, God_send is yelling...