Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Green 115mw Laser + Ehgemus host

Jstr

Hello,

I just spent nearly all my spare cash and I really want a high-powered green (preferably 532), so I'm selling three of my collection to hopefully fund that. It was tough choosing which ones to sell, but I chose these because they were simple builds, and I tend to be more attached to ones that take complexity and time to build. I accept Paypal, preferably as a gift unless reputable. Shipping is not included, but it'll only be $5 (tracked and insured).

UPDATE: I rebuilt my module into another ehgemus host, so I may sell the host only if someone wants it.

First, an awesome little Ehgemus pen host: $23 SOLD

Specs:
- Battery: fits 1x14500 (not included)
- Great heatsink for such a small host
- Custom aluminum host with focus adapter and removable finned heatsink
- Hand polished by me
- Made by Ehgemus, so perfect craftsmanship

**Not a laser, just a host**

wVC0tsp.jpg

P5XlF0a.jpg

CRAeEkc.jpg

TL6ZOS8.jpg

XALRtoz.jpg

Next, a nice 532nm: $40 SOLD

Specs:
- Quality DPSS module
- Power: 115 mw
- With an IR filter, Power is still 105+ mw, and accounting for a 5% optical loss, that's only 5 mw of harmful IR
- Battery: takes 1x14500, case positive (**negative in first**) (battery not included)
- Driver is heatsinked for a continuous duty cycle (I used another laser with the same module for 15 minutes straight once (barely warm), but I recommend less than that)
- Cheap, but cool looking host, made from a Fasttech flashlight and Ebay heatsink. Makes for a powerful green at a very affordable price.

UA4nxNB.jpg

7sCmWB0.jpg

P0uM7yV.jpg

1PEgsN9.jpg

YcSkT2M.jpg

pWoSX8C.jpg

Lastly, a 445nm Zero Laser (from DTR): $200 SOLD

Specs:
- Diode: 9mm NDB7875
- Lens: G9 (stock high-powered lens)
- Power: 3.07 Watts (using G9)
- Battery: takes 2x18650, case negative (positive in first) (batteries not included)
- Driver: Round Blitzbuck at about 2.45A also is heatsinked well
- Duty cycle: 3+ minutes continuous
- This is brand new, made about a month ago. I have turned it on maybe 6 minutes total for testing and beam shots.
- This type of host is no longer available, and it is in pristine condition (and looks beast)

NFKLxyz.jpg

ceQn5YE.jpg

hzgPmVd.jpg

SSTSzuB.jpg

fsEnKuB.jpg

aZfDjez.jpg

All of them:
hB8W7kK.jpg

Buy both remaining for $60 shipped!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Jstr

Re: FS: 3 Great Lasers RGB

Haha both, but mostly It's very small. It's fit for just one 14500 (AA size) battery. I consider it a pen with the heatsink of a full sized host.

Also, I forgot to say that the duty cycle is not only 3 min on, but only about 1.5 min off because of the fins.

Nice lasers but the fasttech 532nm laser for 70 bucks... seriously...

Lets add this up shall we.

• Host - $2
  • Heatsink - $5
  • 532nm module - $6
Total - $13

You claim that it is a quality module, but I'd wager it's just another fasttech module that is slightly above average in power.

Now please, if you have a CNI module in there of some nature then I will retract my previous statement, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

joeyss

Pm sent about the blue 445

Even though I have a 9mm 445nm module from DTR. I want to use that as more of a lab laser and not a pointer. So i'm interested in this.

Jstr

Nice lasers but the fasttech 532nm laser for 70 bucks... seriously...

Lets add this up shall we.

• Host - $2
  • Heatsink - $5
  • 532nm module - $6

Total - $13

You claim that it is a quality module, but I'd wager it's just another fasttech module that is slightly above average in power.

Now please, if you that it is a CNI module of some nature then I will retract my previous statement, but I doubt it.

I believe the module you are thinking of is sold either as a 5 mw module or 20 mw. For a $6 module, the most you could dream of getting is 35mw. "Above average" will not get you 115 mw. This was sold as 200 mw (but they never get close) and was not from Fasttech at all. Just because the host is a cheap one from fasttech doesnt mean the module is too. And so you know, it was $45 in quantity. So not quite $13...

I really don't understand your logic on disregarding my claim of "quality" when it outputs 110mw of 532 and about 5mw of IR. No, it's not a jetlaser putting out 500 mw, but $6?

Edit: now I see where you are coming from.

I have seen people selling 50-80 mw 532s for $80 to $100. So, I'm not ripping anyone off. If you want to make an offer, shoot.

Price lowered to 50

Last edited:

Jstr

Pm sent about the blue 445

Even though I have a 9mm 445nm module from DTR. I want to use that as more of a lab laser and not a pointer. So i'm interested in this.

PM replied! 445 is spoken for

Pman

State this for information purposes only:)
I have purchased over a 100 $6 Fasttech modules (the 5mW 3V and 5V ones) that I built into MANY inexpensive units that run up to 140mW;). The average I've seen from them is more around the 70mW range (best guess) before pot adjustment. The pots are NOT all set the same from the factory and generally draw 25-35mA before adjusting to 43mA which I've found to put out the max for most units. From what I remember I believe they have around 10% IR content. One of the best bargains on the planet besides an LPC 826 which can also be had for around $6 and output just over 400mW but this does not include a driver which can be had from Aixiz for about the same price or less I believe.

Jstr

Woah. Im getting me some fasttech modules then! I was wrong about them. I'll lower the price, but this one was not $6

Last edited:

Pman

I would purchase the 5V ones as they can run from as low as the 3volt ones can also run at over 5V (just gets rid of it as heat). Lots more battery options that way.
Take a look at stuff in my sig and you will get the idea/explanation of what I've done with mine.

Jstr

Alright I'll definitely do that. Thank you For telling me!

gozert

I would purchase the 5V ones as they can run from as low as the 3volt ones can also run at over 5V (just gets rid of it as heat). Lots more battery options that way.
Take a look at stuff in my sig and you will get the idea/explanation of what I've done with mine.

Have you ever built these Fasttech modules in pen pointers? I have a bunch of them collecting dust and this would be a nice project to put them to use.

Edit: Didn't know this was a FS thread until now. Should've asked the question by PM, sorry.

Last edited:

Jstr

That's fine, I also would like to know more. I only saw two different modules though. One has a current draw of 350ma and is 15 dollars and the other draws 250ma and is 6. I assume you recommend the more expensive one?

Jstr

The Zero Lasers 445 has sold.

Buy both remaining for $140 shipped.