Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Fiber collimators.

Kenom

FS: Fiber collimators. 30W laser diode 805nm.

I've got some fiber collimators that work with a sma904/905 laser fiber optic cable. capable of up to 10W of power possibly more. Great for those Coherent FAP diodes.

Askin price is $35 shipped in con/us.

Pictured is a acrylic lens that does NOT come with it. This comes with a GLASS LENS.

DSC00529-1.jpg

Adjustable focus.

Last edited:

I've got some fiber collimators that work with a sma904/905 laser fiber optic cable. capable of up to 10W of power possibly more. Great for those Coherent FAP diodes.

Askin price is $35 shipped in con/us.

Pictured is a acrylic lens that does NOT come with it. This comes with a GLASS LENS.

DSC00529-1.jpg

Adjustable focus.

Is that a Aixiz lens I see on there? How about a picture of the connector on it.

Kenom

it is an aixiz. but it was only to take the picture. it will have a glass lens when shipped.

DSC00502.jpg

The thing that I see here is this:

Due to the small size of the lens and the relatively long focal length (for a fiber collimator) this will either loose a significant amount of light, or will only focus light coming from a fiber >100uM.

Light comes out of the fiber at around 70 degrees full angle. Do the geometry to figure out how much of the light would hit the lens.

Kenom

it's adjustable and has a fair amount of opening on the back of the lens. Since it will literally screw right down to the fiber, I'd say that it grabs a fair amount of said light. Works wonderfully for my 800um fiber that I've got here and my 30W diode.

This is no different than http://cgi.ebay.com/Thorlabs-F230FC...levisionQ5fTestQ5fEquipmentQQsalenotsupported

http://thorlabs.com/thorProduct.cfm?partNumber=F230SMA-B

and better than

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMA-905-HIGH-PO...QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Last edited:
I agree with you on the second link, however, the thorlabs ones are designed for either 65um or 125um fibers and do a horrible job with anything larger. I'm not trying to bash your product don't get me wrong, I think it is great to see a fiber collimator on the market for a reasonable price, but I think you should take into account the actual losses from large fibers.

Kenom

I've no doubt there are losses. Pretty much EVERY lens, mirror, or dichro is going to have losses. I saw that there were no affordable (<$125) fiber collimators and came up with a reasonable alternative. Given that there are none, I figured that the price for these and the capability is a great value. Not a lot of call for fiber collimators on this forum but with the introduction of fiber coupled lasers from Heruursciences as a result of his bulk purchase from boston laser, there are going to be those that will need them. I've got a 30W fiber coupled 805nm laser up for sale and that needs one too. ($199)

Thanks for your input though. :D