Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: FandyFire XG-V5 - 635nm 450mW+ Builds

rhd

FS: FandyFire XG-V5 - 635nm 450mW+ Builds

Up for offer is the FandyFire XG-V5, built at 450mW+ with a Mits 300 diode, glass 3-element lens, IRON 4D driver, and setup to run from a single 18650 lithium ion (both protected and unprotected will fit just fine).

attachment.php

I built them using a redundant case feed method. I've been doing this for most of my builds recently. I use a second (negative) wire to the driver and aluminum-solder it to a piece of tense aluminum (about 4mm wide by 1mm thick) that gets pressed inside the circumference of the head and provides a secondary case feed. The IRON 4D still grabs (-) from the diode's case pin as normal, but I like the backup. Polarity wise, the battery positive (+) goes towards the FRONT of the laser. The negative (-) goes towards the reverse.

I have a couple of these on hand that output 450mW+ (LPM'd on a LaserBee, and happy to provide or post the chart on request). They're solid builds. In fact, the whole build concept revolves around minimizing potential points of failure. The IRON 4D mounts right on the diode pins, but it does so in a way that doesn't actually put any pressure on the pins themselves. This approach minimizes the number of solder points required for the build. In fact, the only one single wire used in this entire build, is the wire that provides the secondary (redundant) case feed.

attachment.php

Price is: $175 + shipping. PM or post if interested.
Price is: $150 + shipping. (price lowered)
Price is: $140 + shipping. (price lowered more!)

Shipping is generally $18 and will be fully insured. Note that I DO NOT ship or sell to Canadians, as per the new Health Canada guidelines. Sorry fellow Canucks, but I won't budge on this, so please don't ask!

You MUST own laser protection goggles appropriate for this wavelength, and
You MUST be over 20 years of age, and
You MUST be familiar and experienced with the appropriate safety precautions to take with lasers of this power.
You MUST NOT be a resident of Canada / Canadian citizen.

This is not a laser pointing device. At all times, protective laser safety glasses appropriate for this wavelength must be worn by the operator. This laser should not be used around 3rd parties (non-operators) pets, or for any recreational purpose. This laser's purpose is to produce a high output of laser light

Attachments

• aa Beam.jpg
    aa Beam.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 843
  • aa Side.jpg
    aa Side.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:

rhd

I lowered the price on these. $150 + shipping

Also, if anyone is interested, I have another of this build and model that had a less efficient diode, and only puts out 350mW. I'm willing to sell that to anyone price-conscious for $130 + shipping. It is in every other way as beautiful and well-built as the rest. It's just 100mW less powerful.

rhd

barbel1976:

Your FandyFire is shipped :)

To clarify for everyone else - I still have 3 of these available.

rhd

Price lowered a little more to $140 + shipping.

barbel1976: If you PM me your Paypal address, I'm going to credit you back the price drop amount. It seems only fair that people who've bought something early shouldn't loose out on a future price drop. Otherwise it just penalizes people who jump on something early -> That's no fun!

rhd

Thank you very much RHD paypal request sent
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

No problem!

If you don't mind, I'm going to wait until money comes in to my PP from a sale of some item somewhere. I hate putting $10 PP charges on credit card, and my PP balance is just a few bucks right now.

Though if by chance nothing happens by say this time tomorrow, I'll just put the payment on my CC.

Man i got someone wanting me to build them a laser. HOPEFULLY they will decide this week what they want and pay me soon. I would love to purchase one of these.

My laser came in the mail today ,,very happy to say it was shipped very fast
it was very well packaged ,,i really like the note inside the laser body explaining
witch way to install the 18650 batt ,,,the laser itself looks great almost looks polished
after putting a fresh 18650 in ,,the laser works great and im very happy to say after testing it on my laserbee 2.5w usb it peeked at 510mw with a avg of 431mw with a 60
sec run time
big thanks to rhd :thanks::thanks::thanks: