Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Dorcy Metal Gear & MXDL red laser

hydro

I have a Dorcy MetalGear flashlight that is very well built and looks professionally made.  It has a heat sink and a 420mA DDL style driver for a Sony NEC Optiarc open can LONG diode.  Here are the specification;

MetalGear flashlight
Heat sink
Sony NEC Optiarc open can LONG diode
Aixiz module with acrylic lens (glass lens +$6 optional)
420mA DDL style driver
2 3V battery (sorry you have to provide your own charger)

Asking $137 shipped within the lower 50 states

:-X :-XI am not responsible for someone using it inappropriately. Just to make sure you understand this. YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE. :eek: :eek:

EDIT:   :D :D :D :cool:
OK I just saw Daedal post “Not an April Fool’s Joke,” regarding NewEgg $279.99 6X BR writer and I want it BAD!  So I’m also putting up my MXDL that I built with the same setup as the Dorcy for sale to raise the funds.

Specification;

MXDL flashlight
Heat sink by Jay
Sony NEC Optiarc open can LONG diode
Aixiz module with acrylic lens (glass lens +$6 optional)
420mA DDL style driver
2 3V battery (sorry you have to provide your own charger)

Asking $147 shipped within the lower 50 states

I will have pictures by this weekend; sorry I don't have a camera right now.

Thanks
Le

Power output:  :) ;D :) ;D :)
acrylic lens is about 247mW
glass lens is about 300mW

Attachments

• black_for_sale_1S_001.jpg
    black_for_sale_1S_001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 94

glona

Re: FS: Dorcy Metal Gear red laser

ok not trying to be mean but your not going to get that much, lots of lasers sell on this site for around 50dolelrs

jake21

i have to box lasers for sale for 80 :)

glona

80 dollars is stretch for a red but may still sell but over 100 in most cases wont sell

hydro

glona said:
ok not trying to be mean but your not going to get that much, lots of lasers sell on this site for around 50dolelrs

Just trying to fund my new project, BR with the same flashlight. Heck if its the same quality and power let me know I'll buy it.

jake21

i think 80 dollors for 2 lasers is damn good :)

chido

Yes, but he's using an open can. ;)

Tip: hydro, you should specify that it might be putting out close to 250mW with the acrylic lens, and if you include the glass lens it can put out close to 300mW. ;)

EIDT: Hold on, was it a long or short open can?

hydro

chido said:
Yes, but he's using an open can. ;)

Tip: hydro, you should specify that it might be putting out close to 250mW with the acrylic lens, and if you include the glass lens it can put out close to 300mW. ;)

EIDT: Hold on, was it a long or short open can?

chido, thank for the tip. Yes it is a open can LONG.

Le

glona said:
glona your wrong, it depends on the mw of the lasers, build quality and what not. like when you have your lasers for sale you say that its 160mw, has that been tested? Its not only the price, ive sold many lasers for 120$ with no open cans in them, the cost of the flashlight/diode/misc. parts/ 3.6v batts/module/labor are well worth the 137$ he's asking. the parts alone are what 80$? and you don't have to risk killing a diode harvesting it. For this price its a steal. oh and the heatsink.

glona

i know but i gees i was thinking like a sentkat diode

roSSco

I think it is wrong of people to come in a for sale thread and tell the seller that they are asking too much, etc. If I were a mod all those posts would be removed. :mad:

iewed

Thats a very nice looking laser, on th right pic, is that an indictator LED on top of the housing?

hydro

toked323 & roSSco, thanks for the post! ;D ;D ;D

iewed said:
Thats a very nice looking laser, on th right pic, is that an indictator LED on top of the housing?

No that is a 40/40 set screw to hold the heatsink in the flashlight head.  It will not fall out without the screw but it is just added protection.

Le

Kenom

ya know I have to say I HATE THE DORCY METAL GEAR. BUT. THIS LASER LOOKS SWEET. I personally have sold a ton of lasers at 130mw - 180mw for $130 - $150. My lasers are all quality units as the plenty of proud owners can attest to. Now the thing that sets my lasers apart from other lasers is they are lovingly assembled and LOOK GOOD. this laser looks good and looks like it was professionally assembled. I have to give you 2 thumbs up and hold your guns bud. You WILL sell it for what your asking.

hydro

Here is my MXDL build for sale.  As you can see it is very clean and with all my build I try to make it as professonal as possible.  

Note: The LM317 regulator heat sink is NOT CUT because I feel there was a reason for the manufacture to include it.  The Dorcy build is the same way with the full heat sink.   ;)

Attachments

• mdxl_for_sale_2s.jpg
    mdxl_for_sale_2s.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 84