Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom Laser Pointer (70mW, 405Nm) *Updated*

Genna

Hello,

Since I do not use this Custom laser pointer, I would like to sell it.

p3041024.jpg

pc051512.jpg

p3041025.jpg

pc051507.jpg

pc051504.jpg

pc051503.jpg

p3041026.jpg

pc051509.jpg

The laser is a unique item (completely built by a great german flashlight modder over 2 years ago), since the body was modified completely, so that specially constructed LE fits in. The body is grey anodized and the color of the laser (70mW, 405nm) is violet, near UV. The driver is a flexdrive by Dr.Lara and they run only with a 14500 (not included).Unfortunately, I do not know yet what was installed for a diode laser. The laser is 9,2 cm long and the head have a diameter of 2,0 cm.

Sorry, no warranty/guarantee

Since the laser is very strong, I strongly recommend not to aim directly in the eye and to use due to the scattered light is a UV glasses.

Price: 205,- (shipped)

The worldwide shipping (uninsured) is already included in the price.

Paypal only please
Paypal fees (+4%) and insured shipping (if desired) carries the buyer.

Since I'm new to this forum, I should mention that I live in Germany and am represented in almost two years in the CPF / CPFMP under the same user name.

If you are interested or have questions, please feel free to send me a PM

Thanks for looking

Genna

Last edited:

Re: FS: Custom Laser Pointer (70mW, 405Nm)

You may want to post a lot more information about this laser, as it is more than three times of what comparable lasers are sold for.

Its seems like nice laser and all but the price seems a little high for it being what it is. If it was made by a known quality company and had safety features, it might be worth that.
Correct me if im wrong. Goodluck with your sale anyway. :)

Edit: you beat me to it InfinitusEquitas :p

Last edited:

Genna

Since I have not so much to do with lasers, I would like to be happy about more precise statements, so I know what you need for information. Unfortunately, I know myself better with Flashlight.

This laser was originally a flashlight, which was converted from ours, here in Germany, best flashlight modders. The case was anodized according to the customization work for the laser unit, at a time. The laser unit is designed for the housing and completely custom made.

Since it is a unique piece, it will not exist the same laser.

thanks
Genna

Last edited:

70mW in the world of 405nm laser pointers really isn't that much.

The diode inside is most likely a phr, which are cheap.

The only exceptional part about this laser is the host with custom anodizing. Depending on when you bought the laser, you probably paid quite a bit for it, but unfortunately for you, at the moment it's not worth anywhere near your asking price.

See if you can find out exactly what kind of diode and driver are in the laser, that could help you.

Last edited:

rhd

What people are touching on here, is that the actual laser components in this build are probably worth $40 at most.

You likely have one of two things (depending on who built it, and how recently)
- An "all-in-one" 405nm laser module, either purchased on its own or taken from something like a NewWish pen, housed inside this host.
OR
- An Aixiz module + diode + boost driver + lens

It doesn't look focusable to me, so I'm inclined to guess it's the former. It doesn't really matter though, either way, you're looking at a component cost of $30 or $40 not including the host.

You're asking almost $300 USD. So what you need to understand is that for someone to see this as a good value worth purchasing for $300, they're going to need to value the custom anodizing, and the unique "one only" status of the host at about $250. In my mind, that is QUITE a steep premium. If this exact same laser was built in a generic host (like a guidesman), you might expect it to sell for $50 not $300.

There are a lot of "single builds" around here, so I don't think you gain any value from the notion that this is the only laser of it's design that exists. It's really all about that anodizing job. It's pretty cool, but I think it's more like "$50 premium" cool, not "$250 premium" cool.

I could see this selling for $80 (maybe $100) but even then, it would really still depend on finding someone that absolutely loved the design.

Last edited:

300$? But host looks Amazing!

rhd

You should try to find out more about what the builder put inside this.

As mentioned, I think you might be able to see $80 or $100 at most from this as it is now.

But, if it contains something like a flexdrive, you could for fairly small expense (~$40) swap in a 12x 405nm, or 445nm diode without changing anything else. For that extra $40, I could see you pushing the selling price up a bit closer to what you're looking for. Maybe more like $225 or potentially $250, instead of $80 or $100, for only an added cost of about $40.

Ash

The laser would have to be putting out over 600mW to justify a price of >$300, IMO.

This pic looks like fake:
p3041025.jpg

Machro

Bad joke :p
Seems to be a cheap Phr inside which can be had for 7 bucks ^^
Though the host is pretty nice 300$ is way to much :O

Genna

Hi,

I have the info from the modder that a Flex Drive by Dr. Lara has been installed. He must look after the diode yet.

pics added!

thanks
Genna

rhd

Hi Genna,

I know that I've made this suggestion before, but now that you know it contains a flexdrive, the suggestion is perhaps more appropriate.

Being super honest with you here, I think you'll have trouble getting more than $80 to $100 for this, and even that will be a challenge.

If you could invest in a $40 12x 405nm diode, and pop it in, you probably wouldn't have to change anything else (except adjust the driver for higher current), and this build could relatively easily fetch $200. So invest $40, and you might get an extra $120 out.

I guess my point is - everything about this build screams "awesome" except the diode. It's like trying to sell a Ferrari with a Ford Focus engine inside of it. Someone might buy the car for parts, but you'd get a lot more if you upgraded the engine to match the body, and sold it AS a Ferarri.

Last edited: