Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Aurora C6 Copper Sinks. $15

I've got 7 Direct Diode copper heatsinks for the Aurora C6 (Yobresal & Survival Lasers)
They are the first 7 you see pictures (the shiny ones)
These are direct diode, thus you press your diode directly into the heatsink. The front is threaded for an aixiz lens.

Jayrob also sells a great focus adapter for these.

The heatsink are $15ea + shipping.
Reduced to $12ea

Click here to purchase.

coppers.jpg

Last edited:

Re: FS: Aurora C6 Copper Sinks.

Great heatsink and nice pricing!
I want this one. But I cannot set the diode.
I'm not experienced in that.....

Last edited:

setting the diode is probably the easiest thing to do if you have a good vice

chefla

How does the back side of the heatsink look like? I am not familiar with the Aurora C6 host and I am wondering what kind of driver I could be using for a 445 build. I probably want to go with a 1085 linear and two CR123 batteries. Does this sound feasible?

How does the back side of the heatsink look like? I am not familiar with the Aurora C6 host and I am wondering what kind of driver I could be using for a 445 build. I probably want to go with a 1085 linear and two CR123 batteries. Does this sound feasible?

Sure does! That's the setup that Yobresal and Survival lasers use.
The back side of the heatsink has a small lip and then the hole for setting your diode.

Your host will have an internal pill that sits below your heatsink for placement of the driver.

You can use either a linear driver with 2xCR123 batteries, or a boost drive with 1x 18650. Decision is yours...

chefla

Thanks for your quick reply. I will google to see what kind of setup those guys used for their builds. Sounds promising! 445 here I come ;-)

chefla

How big is the recess for the diode (depth of pocket)? I want a good heat distribution and figured it would be best if the diode was not flush with the heatsink but seated deeply in the copper.

Are these heatsinks made entirely on a lathe ensuring the diode pocket and the thread for the lens are 100% concentric? I don't want to end up with a misaligned or bad shaped beam.

Lastly, what is the best source for the Aurora C6 host? Is DX a good idea? I found it there for only $10.90 (sku 15969).

Sorry for the many questions...

Most people buy it from DX.

These are entirely CNC machined, not made by me.

I've no idea the depth of the diode pocket, deep enough to cover the sides of the diode it looks to me. Pretty much the same as an aixiz module.

These are bumped to $12ea.
That's actually less than what I bought them for.

chefla

... have you reduced the shipping as well? I paid $5 for the first heatsink, and now it is down to $2.75.
If you ship this time for free, then I will buy another one!

Btw, my hosts, which I ordered on the same day as your heatsink, arrived today. But I am still waiting for the first heatsink :cryyy:
--> HK post beats USPS!

I'm selling a direct diode copper heatsink for the c6......for $12.
I'm not going to eat the shipping costs as well.

You can buy this same thing from Jayrob for $42 + $3 shipping.

Last edited:

chefla

I totally agree with you, the price for the heatsink is awesome, no doubt about it. I just feel that the $5 shipping on the first heatsink were a little high, that is all.
I just sent you the payment for another one... :beer:

Yeah it was, I didn't have a cheaper option for international labels. I made the shipping calculations with hotlights in mind, where just to ship 1 cost me about $5.50

Someone messaged me a while back about it and i fixed it though. I sent a $2.25 refund from this order to make up for the over charge of shipping on your last order.

chefla

a big :thanks: to you from a happy german fella!
Have a great weekend!