Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 5mW Milos Violet Laser Pointer sOLD

I'd really hate to do this, but...
For sale: 5mW Milos Violet laser pointer.
These lasers made by Milos were some of the highest quality back then, and were very popular among the forums. I managed to snatch one up on eBay, for the price of $137.50. The laser is in brand new condition, except for the laser radiation sticker that faded a little. This laser is great for presentations, fluorescing, and is a great addition to a new laser enthusiast's collection. The laser is a royal violet color that will attract people's attention, unlike in the photos showing it as blue. The laser is operated from a single 9V battery, which lasted me the 5 months that I have owned the laser. The laser is turned on with a rheostat/potentiometer knob, which varies the output from 0-5mW.
[highlight]I will let it go for $70 shipped in the US.
[/highlight]

Here are some pictures of the unit.
000_0385.jpg

Causing fluorescence:
000_0383.jpg
000_0386.jpg
000_0388-1.jpg

Here's some beamshots: (note that fog was used, however in pitch black you can actually see the beam)
100_1319.jpg
100_1318.jpg

Note that the only reason I am selling this laser is because I need some money, and I already have a violet laser.
I have done business with many people on the forum, however, if a middleman is requested then it will be provided for a small additional price.

Edit:
It looks like that this laser is [highlight]about 10-12mW[/highlight], due to inaccuracies of Milos's meter.

Edit2:
THIS LASER IS GOING ON EBAY. LINK IS HERE

sOLD LASER IS sOLD

Kenom

Re: FS: 5mW Milos Violet Laser Pointer

Have you been able to test it's output on a laser power meter? I know that milos was having issues with his lasercheck accurately reading 405nm and what he thought was 5mw ended up being closer to 15mw.

Kenom said:
Have you been able to test it's output on a laser power meter?  I know that milos was having issues with his lasercheck accurately reading 405nm and what he thought was 5mw ended up being closer to 15mw.
No, I have never checked the output on a LPM. Milos said that the laser was 7mW (bit more than what I thought it was when I bought it), and that's the only verification I have.

Kenom

Yeah might wanna do so then. I think you'll be suprised it is a bit more than what you think. Not a ton but a little.

Kenom said:
Yeah might wanna do so then.  I think you'll be suprised it is a bit more than what you think.  Not a ton but a little.
I guess if someone who wants to buy it requests to get it metered then I can send it to someone with a LPM.

Milos

this laser is most likely about 10-12mW.

too bad we didn't have better diodes back then, but still its a very nice blue pointer. I use one of those more often for pointing than one of my G2 high powered units. If anyone needs fresh warning sticker to replace on worn out one on this unit, I'll be happy to mail it.

cheers

Thanks for the heads-up Milos and Kenom.
It was the yellow sticker that had the symbol for laser radiation, it was all warn and faded, I just peeled it off.

daguin

IIRC mine was putting out 18mW. I'm sure it still is. It's just not mine anymore

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
IIRC mine was putting out 18mW.  I'm sure it still is.  It's just not mine anymore

Peace,
dave
How many mW was it sold as?

daguin

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
[quote author=daguin link=1224454123/0#8 date=1224635468]IIRC mine was putting out 18mW.  I'm sure it still is.  It's just not mine anymore

Peace,
dave
How many mW was it sold as?[/quote]

I'm sorry.  I don't recall.  I DO remember that I gave the young man a VERY good price, because it was going to be his first 405nm.  However, it was most assuredly significantly less than I paid for it ;)

Peace,
dave
[highlight]**EDIT** [/highlight]WOW!  I totally misread your post.  Sorry again.  I bought it as an 11mW laser.

daguin said:
[quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1224454123/0#9 date=1224635652][quote author=daguin link=1224454123/0#8 date=1224635468]IIRC mine was putting out 18mW.  I'm sure it still is.  It's just not mine anymore

Peace,
dave
How many mW was it sold as?[/quote]

I'm sorry.  I don't recall.  I DO remember that I gave the young man a VERY good price, because it was going to be his first 405nm.  However, it was most assuredly significantly less than I paid for it ;)

Peace,
dave
[highlight]**EDIT** [/highlight]WOW!  I totally misread your post.  Sorry again.  I bought it as an 11mW laser.[/quote]
Well, I think that a $67 drop (almost 50%) is a pretty good deal, right?  :);)
Edit:
It's ok, I just wanted an idea of how much mW mine could be. 10mW looks about right.
Edit 2:
Post 473 :D

daguin

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Well, I think that a $67 drop (almost 50%) is a pretty good deal, right?  :);)

I agree. The market is just pretty saturated with higher powered 405nm lasers right now. These are great as lecture pointers and for making things glow, but most people on the list want MOAR POWAH.

Peace,
dave

My Miloš blu-ray was sold as a tested 11.8mW unit, but it's probably more like ~20mW. With some focus I can smoke leather with it.

On a non-fluorescing surface it's pleasantly-colored and easy on the eyes even in total darkness. It's a great, laid-back laser. I still use it frequently.

Another bump!
I just popped a few balloons with this laser. Although it did take about 30 seconds, it did pop it! ;D