Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 445nm diodes ALL GONE

Well I have this Casio projector and I was going to use it for a TV but the colors just aren't there for me. I watched southpark and the show usually has nice brilliant bright colors but with the projector they were all very dull. Not very pleasing to the eye at all. SOOOOO I decided to take the laser diodes out of it after all. I am going to be keeping 4 and selling 20.
If you would like any they will be $50 shipped + 47 for each additional diode added to your order. I have these on hand so they will be shipped this week. This is NOT a GB. Thanks

0 LEFT

Last edited:

Re: FS: 445nm diodes

Hey can you hold 2 for me for a day? i will see if some of my local people who build lasers want these, they are drooling over mine.

Yeah sure. 2 should still be available for you.

If you want them but they are pretty much useless.

That was fast. No surprise there.

What about the the other assorted parts from the projector? :D

LOL, already in the garbage. I kept the glowing green thing and the lenses just in case but the rest of it is in the garbage.

:eek: Nooo :(
Even just the case/shell would be a fun conversation piece. A RGB could find a comfy home in there.
If kiyoukan can get the "sleds" no one will be buying whole projectors anymore & I would love to have one while I can.
I would gladly pay shipping + something for the trouble.

Last edited:
I hope you didn't toss the LED >_>

Yeah It is in the garbage. It is all in a big plastic bag without anything else except it's mutalated self. Should I try and get the led out?
Sorry but the case is pretty good and destroyed.

Last edited:
That LED is a beast. Its worth keeping if you're into messing around a bit. It could be a good practice component if you want to experiment with thermal management. I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it..

-Tyler

Agreed, it's a PhlatLight, and I was talking to ion (ionlaser) and he's got one running, said it's crazy.

<ion> The led will burn black tape, but only the large ones will burn white paper
<ion> 8.1 amps i run it at
<ion> even with the spot 1cmx1cm it burns tape

So yeah, I'd say dig it out :eg:

Last edited:
Edit: It looks like these LED's are pretty valuable. I just checked and they are selling on PL for like $36 each!
Anyone know what the component housing the LED looks like?

Last edited: