Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 445nm Diode in module

I have a blue diode that iv been using for a while. Recently, it did something weird with my Jib driver and seemee to LED. But i put the positive wire from the diode on one end of the resistor pads where it was soldered and it decided to work. So i assume that the diode works but the driver is acting out. So if anyone wants to take a chance, i will sell this diode for $30 shipped. Not shipping internationally. Also, the diode is already in the module and glued to it (i do that to make sure the wires dont rip off).
Anyeay, if you want pics, let me know.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Hiemal

Couldn't you test it with a LM317 driver or something to see if it does still work?

I don't think too many people would want to spend $30 on a diode that MAY be damaged.

rhd

IIRC, there have been a few threads in the past looking to buy and sell damaged / partially damaged / potentially damaged 445s (after all, we've got tons of them laying around). I think there was some lengthy debate about appropriate prices (there always is on LPF!), but the forum more or less settled on the notion that ~$10 was appropriate for zombie diodes or otherwise partially faulty or unknown units.

It doesn't mean that this previous price was correct, but I'm just tossing out there the fact that this discussion has been had a few times before.

Well, I'm fairly sure that it works, i just need to test it with an LM3I7T like you suggested. And if it works, I'll probably sell it for around $35 just because it is flushed into a module.

Hiemal

If it does work, could I perhaps work out a trade or something for it?

Hiemal

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/whole-bunch-electronic-stuff-sale-70616.html

Anything in here catch your eye? ^^

I have a bunch of electronic parts and goodies you might like. (IC's, caps, flybacks, etc)

I also have computer parts too. (CPU's, memory, network cards)

As far as laser things go, I don't have much. I'm still starting out.

The only thing I have laser related is a PHR-803T in an aixiz module, currently awaiting a heatsink for the host...

I have some LED's, too, higher power ones (greater than 1 watt)

I have some pretty nice heatsinks too.

Vacuum tubes...

A shit lot of 18650 batteries... (all in relatively decent shape, samsung/sanyo ones)

A nice projector glass lens...

A 200 GB 5400 RPM SATA 2.5 " hard drive...

(I sound so desperate but I really want a blue diode... :( )

Last edited:
Well, im honestly just in need of some cash. So how about I make th diode in the module for $25 shipped with a dust cap. And for $15 more dollars ill send it with a heatsink that i was supposed to use in a project.

Would anyone be willing to receive a money order from Le Quack, and send me a payment through paypal because I am unable to accept a money order from him. So Le Quack send the middle man a payment through money order, the middle man then (if willing to) sends me the same amount but through paypal. The middle man doesnt lose anything, just send his/her own money on paypal. If anyone is willing to help out Le Quack and I, then please PM me.

Thank you,
Matt

I'm in need of money on my paypal account because I don't have a credit card to use for online payments. And I obviously can't use real money for online payments.