Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS - 3x die4laser blu-ray drivers with modulation

these drivers are from robin at die4laser, these drivers are regarded as the best around. I have 10x red drivers and 1x blu-ray and they are tip top and i would highly recommend them.

i have met robin a few times and he is a top top man and seriously know his electronic shit.

so for sale are 3x blu-ray drivers with TTL and analogue modulation -

this is the driver but the version for red diodes - http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=31

http://www.die4laser.com/dvd-rec/Die4Drive.htm

info from robin about the drivers -

The BluRay drivers run from a regulated 9V DC instead of 5V.
They have the same range setting resistors but an output current 10 times lower due to the 10R sense resistor.
Incidentally the MON pad voltage is 10mV per mA so a reading of 1V means 100mA diode current.

On the highest current range (J1 linked, J2 and J3 cut) the Threshold
(offset) current can be adjusted from 0 to 39mA using R2.
The DRV input voltage range is 0 to 5V (do not exceed 5V on the DRV pad as there is a zener on this pad for static protection) With 5V on DRV the Gain POT R1 lets you set an operating current of up to an additional 101mA on top of the threshold current you set.
An input on DRV from 0V to +5V linearly changes the output current from the threshold current you set with R2 to the operating current you set with R1.

For example if you have a diode with a threshold of 30mA and an operating current of 110mA you start with both pots fully anticlockwise.
Turn up R2 until you get a voltage reading from MON to GND of 300mV (30mA diode current) or just observe the diode to see when it starts lasing.
The R2 pot will be at about 3/4 setting for 30mA on the highest current range.
Next apply +5V to the DRV pad and turn up R1 until you reach 110mA (1.1V between the MON pad and GND) (because the threshold has been set at 30mA the Drive POT R1 will have a range of 30mA to 131mA so 110mA will be reached with the R1 POT set at 80%) In this case an input on DRV of 2.5V will cause a diode current of 70mA (offset + half drive current)

The attached spreadsheet shows the maximum offset and operating currents for the other ranges - www.laser-man.co.uk/test/BluRay-Drive.xls

Modulation bandwidth is approximately 30kHz with the soft start capacitor enabled (J4 linked) This is the recommended setting.

drivers are £20 each plus shipping

Re: FS - 3x die4laser blu-ray drivers with modulat

What I like about Robins Driver is that there is a Schematic that goes along
with it...  :cool:
Except for the DIY drivers (like the DDL)...  there is no schematics for the commercially
sold Drivers offered on LPF... So you're trouble shooting in the dark is something
goes wrong.. :'(

The only thing I don't like (if I read your post &excel correctly) is that it only outputs a max of
140mA current.. on the Excel Sheet:-?

The link to the Driver does says 2 Amps Max... Am I missing something... :-? :-?

Jerry

yes this blu-ray driver is not the same as the red driver in those links.

so it does not output as much as the red driver

ARGH EXCHANGE RATE!!!!!!!!!

Its ****ing 40 dollars in my currency :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

worth every penny in m eyes.

one of the best drivers money can buy

each driver measure 45mm by 20mm, it has a screw mounting hole.

the drivers are very easy to use encase anyone is wondering.

DSC_0061Large.jpg

i cant believe no one is interested in these!!

rkcstr

I'll get the blu-ray and one of the red drivers, shipped to US. I'll PM you my email address so you can send me an invoice for the total.

im only selling this blu-ray ones

rkcstr

Oh, guess I misread... thought you said you were selling 1 bluray and 10 red, but now I see you just said you "have" them and you're selling 3 blu-ray?

In that case, I'll buy all 3 unless someone else wants one.

all yours mate.

recorded/insured shipping? think its like £4 but covers you up to £100

total for drivers is £60 + shipping