Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 220mw IgorT blu-ray Laser (~266mw with glass lens)

*Has stopped working, diode must have killed itself in only 5 hours, probably wont be able to sell.*

Hey all, this will be my second time trading/selling. (If successful)

This Blu-ray laser was made by our genious fellow Igor Teichman (an important factiod, as Igor makes his lasers with extreme precision and care.)
It consists of a flexdrive, that beautiful Romisen host, a SF-AW diode(superfreak) set at 210mA, is focusable, and a PLASTIC LENS. Yes...220mw through a plastic lens, the diode is quite the freak. Igor says through one of his medium custom glass lens the laser could produce ~266mw.

The diode was classified as a superfreak due to its irregularly high wavelength, and irregularly high power for a SF-AW. Also 210mA is a tinsy bit higher than most set a SF-AW to anyways(feel free to change it). But no worries, this laser is only about 1 week old, and some days it has gone without any use (PS3's are fun...) so the diode should still have plenty of time. Also it therefore externally appears brand new.

Performance: I have successfully popped and recorded a 35ft balloon pop with this laser, in about 4 seconds. It easily lights matches, melts stuff (duh), burns wood and can engrave on alot of surfaces. (Engraved my initials on my backpack :whistle:)

The asking price is 225$, which also includes 2 glow in the dark caps for the laser (dust prevention), Shipping, and 2 14500 Batteries.

I am willing to ship first before payment to a WELL respected member. If there are any other questions, just give me a poke.

Thanks!! Here are some pics!

Laser014.jpg

Laser015.jpg

Laser016.jpg

Laser017.jpg

Laser018.jpg

Laser019.jpg

EnGrAvInG on backpack haha...
Laser020.jpg

Last edited:

Hold on $225, that's pretty good! Hey do you accept laser trades? :whistle: -Glenn

Well my first sell was a trade, so I do accept them. of course i have to like the laser on the other side ;). And usually when I sell, its cuz im looking for another laser. In this case Im looking to sell this one to add to my funds for a 12x from Igor. But any "swaps" you have in mind, just run by me. But be warned, I have my heart set on a 12x in my near future.

Yeah...though I know 12x's are fairly new, and tests and such are still being done on them, so not all that much is known at the time. But by the time I get the money for this laser and my bank dispute pulls through Igor should be able to whip me up one ^_^

You are not supposed to have , let alone sell this laser.

Our trade was not acceptable.

He and I had a trade , his opto 150+ for this laser he is now trying to sell.

I received it and during the first day it performed. after wards the output went down to about 60mw. i contacted him to resolve this by having him send it to optotronics to get it fixed. There was no amicable resolution. I sent the opto back to him , and sent Igor a message to not send the BR to him until we get this settled.

Igor sent it to him anyway , and he also has the green opto.

I get a pm from him saying that suddenly after he changed the batteries it works as stated from opto. Of course i changed and put in brand new batteries and it didnt work for me.

He was not supposed to have received the BR , let alone already sell it, until we reached a fix for all this.

Wow slipstream your back. Ive been sending you pms mate. I fixed your Opto, was actually rather easy(battery swap. When i recieved the laser from you, it was dim and weak as you described. I am sending it back with some of my batteries that seem to perform better than yours, which is confusing.) Ive been waiting for a response so I could send it back. And actually I am allowed to have this laser/sell it. Igor and Daguin both agreed I have the rights to this laser, even if yours was not fixed, though it is now. Igor actually shipped before you alerted him. The reason I have rights to this laser is that the laser was sold to you "as is". (The laser reached you at the promised 160mw, and the power drop occurred after a week in your possession). Fortunately your laser was fixed, otherwise You would have been stuck with a 80mw laser :l

The laser actually seems brighter than it was when I first recieved it, but maybe thats because I have been staring at violet. It can also pop balloons with extreme ease as before.

Pm me on further instructions to mail it back. Gracias.

Last edited:
go ahead send it back.

by the way its not up to igor or daguin whether you have rights to it.

if its not up to spec , i will be expecting either the br back or some sort of compensation.

Slipstream can you please stop posting on this thread if it doesnt have to do with the subject? You can easily pm me.

sure , but please read post #12 and tell me if you can abide by your own request before asking me.

and send me tracking info

Last edited:
I was stating that my laser was still for sale, and trying to discard the previous quabble; both for the sake of focusing the subject on selling my laser, meaning both pertain to that of the subject.