Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sold

The B&W TEK 473nm lab lasers use a 2.4 watt pump diode to get 10 mW of 473nm laser light. I can only imagine the pump power on this 250 mW one. I would not attempt to put that into a handheld unit.

Len

start over-- great thread for a BST.. it reminded me that I have a few B&W TEcs--sitting on a shelf-
I may want to open the one with less mW and use as much as I can but with more power-- 488 or 473
or any blue-
Am I correct saying both mine and yours are analog mod??
Many here are doing the same--nothing..
so lets start a new B&W Tec'thread' or bring back an old one and do something to these -- more mW but not much $$ spent.

any improvement would be fine..

I have a big 5W PJ started many years ago --have the right 532-- have a 1.2 W red but not the best red-(may want to cube another red.). both analog '' so I would really like to finish and have a super RGB to install.

Used CT 2800 legacy galvo scanners- the PS JUST for those is bigger than any PJ of mine- (it is in a rack mount case)will not be inside the PJ.
'buffo' said to use the PS it came with_- its built like a 'brick outhouse'

I already have the cubes- dichros- mounts- FS Mirrors-- the entire PJ 'bottom' is one HUGE heat sink--finned to the max
I have lots of fans and a bigass TEC if I need more cooling (came from a igloo 12vdc cooler/heater-- brand new.)
have a EStop. breakouts- ILDA in and out. DMX if I want--and have room for dual Lumia too (using turning mirrors) w/ attenuater. (sp?)
The seller (at SELEM) wanted more but it was time to go home and he let me have the PJ case for 15$
If you ever go-- make low offers on everything you may want and ask for a chance to buy..at the last hours.

I will surly need lots of help..

hk

Efficiency from the pump diode typically 3-5%, so the pump must be more than five watts (if a YAG is being pumped by 808 nm).