Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 2 LCC Diodes from GGW Sled

Up for sale is a LCC Diode from a 6x GGW sled.
It is harvested and the pins are cleaned, and it can output over 250mW at 420mA.
I've never tested it, but it is from a brand new sled...

It's yours for $15 (shipping included) :)

Edit:

I checked and turns out I already used the harvested diode...
However, I have 2 more LCC diodes, but they are still in their heatsinks with ribbon cables attached.

They both are yours for $20 (shipping included)

I will harvest them both for an extra $5.

Last edited:

Re: FS: LCC Diode from GGW Sled

Nice price! Should sell in no time, the LCC's seem to be able to withstand as much as the LOCs can take.

so whats a safe current for a lcc? are they something like lpc815s? is it good to run them that high, at 420ma or will they die quickly?

Wait, I thought LCC=LOC or :wtf:

LCC stands for Long Closed Can vs. Long Open Can... I used to always believe the LOC handle more current, but the LCC goes a little lower current, but last longer. Though, I can be wrong (but I know I'm right with the name).

LCC stands for Long Closed Can vs. Long Open Can... I used to always believe the LOC handle more current, but the LCC goes a little lower current, but last longer. Though, I can be wrong (but I know I'm right with the name).

You're correct.

and it's interesting that the LCC in the GGWH20L is worth $10. Seems a bit high but whatever. I give them away for free with any 6x blu ray diode purchase.

-Kendall

daguin

The LCC is at least the equal to the LOC. I run the LCC's higher than the LOC's. There are LCC's out there that have been running at 420mA for over a year. I run them at 420mA for long life. My personal LCC is running at 500mA

$10 each is an average price for just the diode.

Peace,
dave

Hey Daguin,

I was searching around LPF and found this thread with your post suggesting 420mA running current for long life of LCC from a GGW Sled.

And Let me tell you thanks. I always do a lot of research before building a new laser (this will be my third Build along with a GGW 6x) and this info helped a lot!!!

Thanks again.

daguin

Hey Daguin,

I was searching around LPF and found this thread with your post suggesting 420mA running current for long life of LCC from a GGW Sled.

And Let me tell you thanks. I always do a lot of research before building a new laser (this will be my third Build along with a GGW 6x) and this info helped a lot!!!

Thanks again.

You're welcome.

No diode in a laser comes with a guarantee . However, I have built dozens of these at 420mA.

Peace,
dave