Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fs: 1aa bluray laser (30mw)

jake21

i have a bluray laser if any one is enterested in it, its powered by 1aa and very small, not sure on price but im with an offer.

Attachments

• 30mw.jpg
    30mw.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 84

jake21

picture of this 30mw and my 60mw lasers on the left is the 60mw and on the right is the 30mw

Attachments

• beam_pic.jpg
    beam_pic.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 92
I am pretty interested in this! :D Does it average at over 30mw or is that the maximum power? And is the beam more visible than a 100mw red?
I don't really know how much to offer, but it 150$ too little for it? :-/

chido

Look at the picture on the top, it averages 28mW, and for what I've heard, the beam will be really visible in the dark, but not a lot in daylight. As for the price, that's up to jake.

jake21

it goes higher than 30mw, i was useing weak batteries so if u have nice rechargeable batteries i say it would be 35 to 40 mw i will try today on freash batterie :)

That sound GOOD! :D I am starting to get very interested, but I don't know really since I can't spend all my money on lasers... :-/

IgorT

Did you put in a proper regulated driver Jake? What is the current? Does it drop with the battery voltage?

IgorT said:
Did you put in a proper regulated driver Jake? What is the current? Does it drop with the battery voltage?
Sorry Jake but nobody is going to buy these lasers if you don't know the current going into the diode. If it is an unregulated circuit, the BR diode could get toasted pretty easily.

IgorT

To be fair, he does know what the current is...

Jake, are you using AR coated or non coated lenses? 30mW seems low for the MXDL at 80mA. A lens coated for red could explain it.

IgorT

jake21 said:
its just a plastic lens from a red burning laser i had

Well, if it is coated for red, it can halve the output. Clear lenses work best for now, other than expensive 405nm coated lenses.

You can see if it is coated or not by the reflection, when you look at it from different angles. A coated lens will look blueish. A clear one will be obviously clear in comparison.

You should check it, and maybe switch the lenses and measure the power again. I wouldn't be surprised, if the 60mW has a clear lens and the 30 an AR coated for reds.

IgorT said:
[quote author=jake21 link=1210919093/0#12 date=1211032343]its just a plastic lens from a red burning laser i had

Well, if it is coated for red, it can halve the output. Clear lenses work best for now, other than expensive 405nm coated lenses.

You can see if it is coated or not by the reflection, when you look at it from different angles. A coated lens will look blueish. A clear one will be obviously clear in comparison.

You should check it, and maybe switch the lenses and measure the power again. I wouldn't be surprised, if the 60mW has a clear lens and the 30 an AR coated for reds.[/quote]

where can you get clear lenses?