Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 180mW Galileo

daguin

**SOLD**

So Crossfire listed a LaserGlow Galileo that needed fixed. I like fixing things so I bought it. I fixed it and adjusted it to do its best. I had it putting out 13mW! Sweet, right?

Then I thought "What am I going to do with a 13mW green pointer?" So I "fixed it" some more. :eg:

I rebuilt it with a "200mW" module. All of the modifications are interior and not visible from the outside. It looks completely like a 5mW Galileo. It averages 190mW. It does 180mW with a fresh 3V CR123. If you put a 3.7V rechargeable in it, you get 200mW+.

If you've been reading you know that my camera died. I'm sorry. I don't have any current pictures of it. However, it looks new. It comes in the original LaserGlow case and "sleeve." The case and laser body are without blemish. The "sleeve" is marked with the "Galileo 5" logo, a "required" output of <5mW, and a "tested" output of >4.5mW (FDA Class IIIa)

This is a link to LaserGlow's page for the Galileo. It really does still look this good.
http://enthusiast.laserglow.com/GGA#

That's 200mW of green laser in an unblemished 5mW Galileo host for $110, shipped in the US

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Canuke

I'll be taking *this* one. PP inbound as soon as I check PM's for your email addy.

What sort of duty cycle would be advisable for a build like this?

Canuke

:paypal:

I let that gorgeous 220mW Jayrob blu of Dave's get away last week because I didn't want to butt in, so I'm not letting this one get away :evil:

GOSH DARN-IT!

How could you let this go for only 110! 0.50/mW +shipping!

You really lucked out on this one.

Canuke

I know it :D ( I have the advantage of being in Dave's time zone.)

thanks Dave!

CDHDC

Hello, newbie from Oregon here. This was the kind of build I was thinking of. Was there a whole lot of modification needed to the Galileo to fit a different module in it? Also, does anybody know if Laser Glow would be willing to sell you just the host? Sorry if this has been gone over before. I searched and this was as close as I could find to this kind of build. Again, new and this is my first post. Thanks, guys!

daguin

Hello, newbie from Oregon here. This was the kind of build I was thinking of. Was there a whole lot of modification needed to the Galileo to fit a different module in it? Also, does anybody know if Laser Glow would be willing to sell you just the host? Sorry if this has been gone over before. I searched and this was as close as I could find to this kind of build. Again, new and this is my first post. Thanks, guys!

It requires reaming the barrel and lengthening the spring.

There are a couple of "kits" available from members here. If I try to name them I will forget somebody. Search this board and the Laser Pro Shop board for greenie "kits".

Maybe the members who offer them will chime in here anyway.

Peace,
dave

ZRTMWA

F*cking sh*t!!!!!!! I wish I had seen this thread. I have been watching the B/S/T section for weeks trying to find a cheaper near 200mW green. I was even thinking about PMing you Dave to see if you wanted to sell your 200mW O-like since they seem hit or miss and you obviously got a hit. The price on this was amazing! I don't know how I missed it?!?!

This was a major:

homer-simpson-doh.gif