Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 145mW Blu-ray Laser (SOLD)

daguin

[highlight]THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INQUIRIES. THIS UNIT IS NOW SOLD[/highlight]

Well, the cat's out of the bag. I was going to wait until next week to do this, but se la vie. Based on some destructive tests that Milos did, I decided to experiment a bit.

Offered here a 405nm Blu-ray laser that is putting out 145mW!! The unit "peaks" about 180mW and then quickly settles down to the mid 140mW range and holds quite steady there. This thing burns like crazy. Those of you who know me, know that the only reason I would be selling this unit is because I am pushing another one even harder and I am confident that it too will live.

This laser has the PHR-803T diode in it. It has a Merideth module with the glass lens. The adapter has been shortened and the diode is pressed all the way into the adapter. It can focus from up close burning to quite a distance out. At night I can see the dot from this laser on trees that are over 100 yards away! I have no idea how far away you would be able to see this in the city with the reflective surfaces of buildings to shine it on. When there is some moisture in the air, it can be used for star pointing. This "ghostly" beam stretching into the sky is really cool!

It uses a Rkcstr driver putting out 177mA. It is housed in an MXDL torch that uses a three AAA carriage. The unit is being powered by three 10440's. The 10440's are being "spaced" by 1/8" rare earth magnets. The 10440's don't have the "nub" on the positive pole. It has the massive Jayrob heat sink.

I have been doing what I call "actual use" testing of it for two weeks. The unit sits on my desk. Every time I thought about it, I picked it up and turned it on. I have been doing 20 cycles a day! I usually only get a couple of cycles done in the morning, so most are done in the evening, Each cycle is between 2-3 minutes long. The unit has never even gotten warm following this duty cycle in this host. I am in my third recharge of the batteries on it. You should be able to run 15 @ 2-3 minutes burns in a long evening with this unit. I don't know if I would try that with one of my reds.

I am offering the unit for $250, shipped in the US.

Here it is:
br1773.jpg

Here it is showing its power:
br1771.jpg

This beam shot is in my office during the day with NO visualizers in the air:
br1772.jpg

This beam shot is outside at night with no moon:
brbeam1.jpg

That one is from my "I Have Seen The Beam" thread ;)

You can be a part of history here. Those that have seen the difference in the beams at 90mW (100mA) and 145mW (177mA) will tell you, "It is AWSOME!" This is almost to the levels that the 6X's are putting out, for about $350 less :) I am very confident in the build and the duty cycle. However, since I cannot control what you will do, I will NOT guarantee the life of the diode. If you are willing to follow a duty cycle of 2-3 minutes while allowing the unit to "cool" between cycles, I believe that this will last you a very long time.

Peace,
dave

Re: FS: 145mW Blu-ray Laser

You can push these things up to 177ma??? :eek:
I should have bought a 150ma driver

potatorage said:
You can push these things up to 177ma???  :eek:
I should have bought a 150ma driver

Check the threads in the BluRay and Violet section. There is info there about the possible identity of the diode and its datasheet, which the data sheet (if the identity is correct) rates the diode at 105mW CW and 200+ pulsed. But read the stuff, don't trust my judgment or interpretations.

looks awesome Dave, nice build and a really good price!

to anyone interested: Dave is a trusted member / seller on here and ships out items insanely fast :)

daguin

[highlight]THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR INQUIRIES. THE LASER IS NOW SOLD[/highlight]

Peace,
dave