Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 130-160mW 445nm Constant-on Pen & 1x 532nm diffraction grating pointer left!

I have for sale a few projects I've been working on and a few cheap greenies I have to get rid of.

1. One available - 5mW (manufacturer rated) 1xAAA mini greenies with diffraction grating cap. Actual power is 10-40mW with a fresh battery.
$13.50 each shipped. If added to another order, price is reduced $2.

__________________​

2. SOLD - 50mW 532nm (manufacturer rated) 2xAAA Newwish black and silver rubber grip pens. Actual power is 30-45mW average with fresh batteries. Often peak above 50mW.
SOLD. If added to another order, price is reduced $2.

__________________​

The Good Stuff:
These are not intended to be "burners" but rather bright "pointers." This does not mean they are ok to be used irresponsibly or carelessly. They do have the capacity to burn. Always be aware of your audience and use lasers only in a controlled environment. Use appropriate laser safety goggles when working with Class IIIb laser devices.

3. SOLD - 300mW 655nm 2xAAA pen. Constant on/off forward tail-cap switch, V5 flex drive, LOC diode, 650nm AR coated glass aspheric lens, & AR coated aperture window.
The focus is fixed to keep it solid and simple. This laser can be run continuously at room temperature for longer than most compact lasers of this power. I recommend 2 minutes on with a brief cool-down to be safe. Comes with foam case. I recommend using a silicone tail-cap to protect the aperture if this laser is stored in a dusty environment or a pocket. Avoid touching the glass aperture window.
Note: LOC and LCC red laser diodes are susceptible to damage from beam reflection. NEVER direct the laser beam back into the aperture of this laser.
SOLD (additional shipping services can be added at buyer's expense).

4. SOLD 130mW 445nm 2xAAA pen. Constant on/off forward tail-cap switch, V5 flex drive, A140 diode, 405nm AR coated 3-element glass lens, & AR coated aperture window.
The focus is fixed to keep it solid and simple. I recommend 2 minutes on with a brief cool-down to be safe. Comes with foam case. I recommend using a silicone tail-cap to protect the aperture if this laser is stored in a dusty environment or a pocket. Avoid touching the glass aperture window.

SOLD (additional shipping services can be added at buyer's expense).

__________________​

5. On hold.

Last edited:

DJNY

Re: FS: 445nm, 650nm, 532nm

Great looking builts RA!!

How tough would it be to tweak the pot on the 445 to get it to around 90mW?

It would not be "hard," but I'd rather sell it as it is. Making adjustments after it's already finished opens up the possibility of mistakes and accidents.
90mW isn't much safer than 130-160mW anyway.
Thanks for your interest.

I know its not much safer, and I didnt mean for you, I meant after shipped, but seeing as it is probably <150mW its fine. Im just tired of these 1W 445s....No practical use at all....
By the way is it true that 445 can cause macular degeneration over time or is that just a rumor?

The laser can be taken apart but it's not particularly easy to do. It would be difficult to accomplish without potentially damaging the finish or some other components of the laser.
I agree with you on the absurdly high powered 445s. That's why I'm offering this alternative. ;)
When cold, it peaks at ~150-160mW. As it warms up, power slowly drops to the 140's. I've tested it for a few continuous 2 minute cycles.

I've never seen "proof" of the long term effects of 445nm laser exposure or the "blue-light hazard" but from what I've read, it makes sense and it is generally accepted. Keep in mind that prolonged exposure to an intense light source is NEVER good for your eyes. At the lower end of Class IIIb, I think that the chances of long-term damage is slim, assuming the usage of said device is "safe."

Ok, so looking at the dot (not staring, but moving of course) is ok for around a minute without any long term side affects? if so, Ill Pm you soon about it :D :gj: I think daguin said something on the 1W's too in another thread...

I'm sure if it is used casually (but safely, of course) you will be ok.
It's still a good idea to have some safety goggles though. Get some if you don't already have them. Even cheap protection is better than no protection.

All things considered, it won't be any more dangerous than your 6X @ 180mA listed in your signature. :)

Nice builts!
I was looking for something like your red/blue one but from wickedlasers, since they have the best look & an on/off button at the side.

However, your builts are beautiful.

I am interested in the red one.
However, it seems that its dot isn't well focussed at all, it seems to have lots of "splash". Is that so?
What's its divergence?

Do you ship to europe?

Nice builts!
I was looking for something like your red/blue one but from wickedlasers, since they have the best look & an on/off button at the side.

However, your builts are beautiful.

I am interested in the red one.
However, it seems that its dot isn't well focussed at all, it seems to have lots of "splash". Is that so?
What's its divergence?

Do you ship to europe?

The beam is very tight. Divergence is low at around 0.6mRad with a beam diameter of 4mm at aperture.
The "splash" you see in the pictures is a result of the camera.
I can get a better picture of the beam profile if you'd like.

I can ship internationally but the buyer will have to pay additional shipping, duty/tax fees. Also, I will not be responsible for any customs entanglements.
I can ship via UPS or USPS. USPS is default for domestic (USA) orders.

Tikilaser:

I'm not interested in the arctic :yh: (check my sig)
However the other 'smaller' lasers from wickedlasers always looked very nice, like the current E2 or E3 series. Thats the type of laser I'm looking for.

RA_pierce:

Okay now that sounds nice.
If its not too much of an effort I would love -0.6mRad instead of 0.6mRad.
I live in europe, what do you expect the shipping cost to be for tracked / fast shipping?

RA_pierce:

Okay now that sounds nice.
If its not too much of an effort I would love -0.6mRad instead of 0.6mRad.
I live in europe, what do you expect the shipping cost to be for tracked / fast shipping?

I can adjust it for negative divergence but it increases the divergence in the far field. With the optics being used, ~0.5-0.6mRad is the lowest I can get.
May I ask why you prefer to have a focal point?

If you can give me your country and zip code I can get a quote.
Would you prefer UPS or USPS?

I can adjust it for negative divergence but it increases the divergence in the far field.

Hmmm... explain.
Isn't the dotsize of a -0,6mRad laser a little smaller at 100m than the dotsize of a 0,6mRad laser?

May I ask why you prefer to have a focal point?
Its just nice to have a focalpoint. And I thought it would make the dot smaller at lets say 100m than without focalpoint - as I said above.

Okay never mind the shipping cost now, shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: It's kinda bedtime now here in europe, I will post again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hmmm... explain.
Isn't the dotsize of a -0,6mRad laser a little smaller at 100m than the dotsize of a 0,6mRad laser?

Its just nice to have a focalpoint. And I thought it would make the dot smaller at lets say 100m than without focalpoint - as I said above.

Okay never mind the shipping cost now, shouldn't be a problem.

With a focal point in the beam, the laser converges and then diverges again, obviously. This makes the beam smaller near the focal point, for example, around 4 to 5 meters. At about 10 meters, the diameter will be roughly the same as it would be if the beam were parallel with positive divergence, but at 15 meters, the negative divergence laser will have diverged more from the focal point and have a larger diameter than the parallel beam.
At least that is my understanding... sorry if it is hard to interpret, I did my best to explain. :D

If you want the focal point to burn, believe me, >300mW with a 4mm beam diameter is plenty for most burning tricks. And you can always use a convex lens to burn with.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

I attached a picture to make sure I unterstand you.
I'm just interested in physics and this is supposed to work.

Is it like I showed in the Picture?

However I might send you some PM soon, really like that laser.

Last edited:

I attached a picture to make sure I unterstand you.
I'm just interested in physics and this is supposed to work.

Is it like I showed in the Picture?

No, not exactly.
If the beam converges at 0.6mRad, it will diverge at the same rate, not at 1mRad. I'm not sure where that figure came from. :thinking:

Regardless, I set the divergence to the absolute minimum I could get with the optics being used, so focal point or not, the beam will stay very small over great distances. Typical divergence for a green laser is 1.5mRad to 1.0mRad, so this is significantly better.

I have class in a little bit so I will get back to PM's afterward.
Thanks everyone.

Re: FS: 445nm, 532nm

300mW 655nm SOLD.
532nm Greenies still for sale. Price reduced.

Last edited: