Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 11 used 18650's

Mik

These are cells that I pulled from used laptop battery packs. I've tested all of these to be good, and capable of working under a 2A load or less. I've not tested above 2A, and don't suggest them if you have something that requires more than 2A. 5 of them are Panasonic mfg. and 6 are Sony. They are all ICR.

The end tabs were pulled off pretty cleanly, but you still may want to dremel the little weld spots smooth.

Always carefully check the insulation (shrink wrap) on the cell before you use it, especially if you have a case-positive device!

They will ship ConUS all together, charged up for you already. Asking $18 shipped OBO.

i513dh.jpg

Last edited:

Can you still use the original 'case' that the batteries came out of, and the charger to charge the batteries?

Mik

Can you still use the original 'case' that the batteries came out of, and the charger to charge the batteries?

No, that would be difficult to pull off and not worth all the effort. The original cases and electronics have been discarded already. I do have more batteries that aren't taken apart or tested yet, but I still wouldn't suggest that anyone tries to run down that path as far as charging them with the original eletronics contained in the pack.

You can charge these one by one in a proper li-ion charger, charge them in series if you have a balancing charger and all the proper connectors, or charge multiple cells with a similar state of charge in parallel without balancing. (I often times will do 4P charging and have had zero problems with it).