Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 10W CO2 flowing gas laser tube

I bought this on ebay thinking it was a sealed laser tube but it wasn't. I don't have the resources to run this thing (vacuum/pump, gas mix,etc, etc...). I bought it for $112. So I'm going to make this a silent auction and you can PM me with your maximum bid (>$112, please) before Friday 04/17/09. US only, PayPal only

Sorry for being blunt, but why would anybody help you get out of not reading & understanding an ebay ad properly (if it says "tube", it's a tube and don't expect anything else) with a profit?

diachi

So you want to make a profit on this ? Well that's not going to happen unless someone really needs this tube. You can't buy something and the sell it for more than you got it just because it's not what you wanted.

-Adam

pbx1173 said:
I bought this on ebay thinking it was a sealed laser tube but it wasn't. I don't have the resources to run this thing (vacuum/pump, gas mix,etc, etc...). I bought  it for $112. So I'm going to make this a silent auction and you can PM me with your maximum bid (>$112, please) before Friday 04/17/09. US only, PayPal only

You are a new member with only 3 posts and no rep points....
Trying to sell this items is an exercise in futility... :'(

No one here knows you and therefore no one will trust you
enough to send >$112.00 to a stranger that may or may not
be trustworthy....IMHO

Jerry

are you sure its a flowing gas tube. Maybe it just needs water cooling.

dr-ebert said:
Sorry for being blunt, but why would anybody help you get out of not reading & understanding an ebay ad properly (if it says "tube", it's a tube and don't expect anything else) with a profit?
Here is the URL: http ://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180341682250

It clearly says "sealed". Also, I can put together a cooling system and power supply but not a gas flow system! And I don't need to make a profit, I could just break even and that's fine, too.

jamilm9, I'm sure it's a flowing gas tube, the barbs lead through the middle where CO2 should be. :(
And I'll post pictures and more details later on tonight.

Okay false alarm!
Boy do I feel like a noob. I took a closer look at my tube and actually learned how they work. What I thought was the main bore, with the barbs connected to it, was actually the water cooling tube, with a sealed gas tube inside of it...it was just hard to see. But now it makes sense to me, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions next time I get suspicious! Sorry for adding this really crappy topic :-[