Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 100mW rated 650mW laser module + extra diode

Hi guys,

I'm selling a 100mW rated 650-655nm laser diode module. Capable of producing over 225mW with modifications. Diode is mounted in a brass 8mm*13mm housing with lens. The driver circuit is only 10mm*20mm. Made of SMT components soldered to the pin outs. 3.2V to power. It is rated at 100mW @ 200mA so you can easily overdrive it with proper heat sinking and a lower duty cycle up to 225mW. And it is really small so you can fit it easily into a torch.

Just to let you know I picked this up from an ebay seller with very good rep who specializes in selling laser equipment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290146894975&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019
add a h to get link

I have run the module and it is really bright at the current setting and with some modification should be able to burn really easily.
The other diode is still sealed in anti static packaging.

Price is $50 for the complete module + 1 extra diode at the same rating.
Free shipping in the US and actual costs for international.
Paypal payment.

****EDIT****Fixed link {SenKat}

S

SenKat

Re: FS: 100mW rated 650mW laser module + extra dio

Hmmm - not knocking your item or anything, but Huerrsciences really does not have that good of a rep on here to be honest....

And the diodes he has are the ones typically found in 8x dvd burners....

G !

Daedal

If this is in fact a Heruur item, I wouldn't bother with this myself... and to all those interested in such a piece, please let myself or Pseudo know and we'll hook you up with a better product from a more reputable seller ;)

Heruur is not a very trust-worthy seller IMO. Good stuff and usually worth it for the price, but it's got too much steam. ::)

--DDL

Heh.

Thanks for all the warnings there but I am just selling it as it is. These are probably 8x dvd diodes and are rated as such at 100mW and I am listing it as it is according to how it was advertised. Since I have no way to check the actual output. But compared to a 5mW it is much brighter and hotter...

Since there seems to be much doubt as to the quality, would anyone like to actually check the output. If it is much less than claimed, you can get a refund. I am lowering the price to $40 shipped which for a 100mW module and a diode is still a pretty good price. Since it looks like there is no chance that this will ever sell after all the negative comments but I'm cool with that.

Daedal's psu driver and senkat's gb diode might be much better and cost abit more but I am offering this as a very small module.

S

SenKat

What you are selling is decent - but the original seller is crap :) If it already has a driver and everything, module included - can you take a pic of it ?

Sorry if it seemed we were coming down on you - it was not intentional...it is Huerrsciences we take issue with - not you.

G !

Gazoo

xarylx said:
Heh.

Daedal's psu driver and senkat's gb diode might be much better and cost abit more but I am offering this as a very small module.

The price is much less if you build the driver and it is very easy to do.

Personally I had no problems with Huerrsciences and I ordered 4 diodes from him, and I did not pay the BIN price.

I used them to build my first laser...I did not even have a module...lol. I used a lens from a miniature camera and the alligator clips on my helping hands to hold the diode. Huerrsciences was very helpful and always responded to my e-mails, so personally I have nothing against him.

Close up pictures of the module and the driver. Anyone one care to check out if this driver is any good since I am no expert at electronics. Or if it is crap go ahead and tell me.

If you look past all his advertising about burning diode to what he has to offer, I don't think he sells fake or underspec diodes. Maybe he is just dramatizing it a little so it might sell better. But if it is steam to you, you are entitled to that opinion too.

Gazoo, I didn''t pay bin price either. And yes he was very helpful even though his first package came without the diodes. He replaced them immediately and added a module. Seems like a nice guy to me.

add a h cos i can't post links

P9080008.jpg

P9080007.jpg

P9080006.jpg

Sorry no pictures of beam shots since I just took it out from my heatsink mount to photograph it.

****EDIT FIXED LINKS**** {SenKat}

Gazoo

Yeah, you need 10 posts to post links..keep posting.

Daedal

I agree with SenKat, and I never meant to bash you personally xarylx. I'm sorry it sounded like that (I just read it again :-[) but that Heruur guy really gets under my skin with his over the top advertising and extremely bloated auctions. He is an artist and an expert at what he does. His past mishaps with the law do not speak highly of him either.

On that note, I agree that $40 is a sweet deal for anyone interested. The module you are selling is not something that represents you personally, the transaction is what will represent your honesty, but the product only speaks of Heruur ;)

Take it easy... we're calm here and I'm sorry I faced you like that for your first post. Welcome to LPF and I hope you have a great time here. Stick around and hang out. We've just had quite a broad spectrum of experiences and like to share our opinions. Some have seen excellent feedback from Heruur, like Gazoo, and others have seen him at his worst... He is a mixed character... :-?

Either way... show us a picture and some nice closeups. I'd love to see how this thing is :D

Thanx;
DDL

S

SenKat

Daedal - you unfixed my fix on his pics ! :p hehehehe

No worries there. I know you guys are looking out for the interests of forumites so I won't take personal offense. And the specs in my post are exactly as he states it without all the other stuff about burning and direct driving. I personally have no idea about his reputation here so it is also good to hear about it so I can know whether to deal with him in the future.

Hey Gazoo, how about sharing about the performance of these diodes. To tell the truth I got them as a precursor to the gb diode.

Currently trying to set up Daedal's simple drive circuit but it really takes up abit of space and wont fit in my torch.

Gazoo

All four of mine have gone to the graveyard.. ;D Mainly because at the time I did not know what the hell I was doing, and I pushed the diodes real hard with duty cycles that were too long for them to handle.. But they were good burners. You can see my review here in the review thread for the Aixiz modules.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1183489085/30

Looks great to me. I have been running my module with a makeshift heatsink on a very low duty cycle. I am really afraid of burning them out even though I got them with a similar idea to gazoo, but popping them just seems like a waste of money. I had a harvested 8x diode running but the output was weak (my original driver was just resistor and a cap) and the heatsinking wasn't too good so I have been extra careful with this module. Haven't tried lighting matches though.

So maybe someone might like to pick this up for cheap if you have the same idea in mind and want a simple first experience with diode lasers to prepare you for bigger ones. Better to burn out a 100mW one than a 200mW diode on your first attempt. I probably don't have enough experience yet, but hopefully I know enough to be very careful when dealing with my gb diode. Honestly just selling this to get back some funds for future projects since I keep screwing up with my driver! Very tempted to just get daedal's psu, but I'd like to build my own too. Heh maybe if this sale goes through I might pick that up instead of hacking away with building my own.

Any comments on the drive circuit provided by heur?

Gazoo

I just want to make a comment about the diode as I did have the same experience as you. I too harvested a diode from an 8X DVD burner and it died before I could get it up to 150ma's. It was not anywhere near as powerful as the diodes I received from Huerrsciences.

Looks like there's a zener shunt there lm431 which is probably programmed to control the voltage, and a cap in parallel to the diode and I'm not sure what 6358 is but i assume it is an op amp. Not sure what the other parts are besides the resistors.

The black component beside the 6359 op9 is labeled L7 and the other black piece on the flp side is labeled J3Y and I have absolutely no idea what these are or what they do.

Actually now I think I turn my 8x diode into a led. Since they are both supposed to be 8x diodes, the output from my 8x is also much weaker than my module.

yay 1 more post.