Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:1 press fit tool !!!

jake21

L@z3r

There ya go Jake.

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

L@z3r

Does the diode need the little pcb on it to work, or will it work without it ?

You can go to the local hardware store or automotive store & buy a barb X barb splicer for air hoses for $1.17 ;) Just make sure you buy the one fourth inch size & it will counter sink your diode, just like it's supposed to be :)

jake21

that to but i like the looks of mine  ;D

EDIT: the hole is lil smaller than the diode

The fitting I posted about is a lot less expensive & you don't have to wait for the mail or for it to "GET
LOST IN THE MAIL" ;D ;)                                      Yours looks pretty jake

jake, what is that tool made of ? 'Cause if it's steel it COULD cause problems on the soft diode alloy material.

jake21

it will be fine i just press fitted 5 diodes and i see no harm  ;) oh and its stainless

Hey Jake.... if you insert an LD with the PCB still attached... how can
you press the LD far enough into the Aixiz recess... doesn't the LD need
to be pressed in a bit more than flush... :-?

Jerry

jake21

that was a sample just to show how it works, if u look at the diode its a cheap ir diode ;D ;D but yes i prefer that the pcb should be off

JLSE

Good to see a different take on any tool ;)

Though you might want to consider brass, and lose the taper on the tip. If you press with that taper you may impose the same shape on the rear of the diode. The contact between the tool and the diode should be a flush fit. If the tip of the tool is larger than the diode, the height of the taper at minimum should be in contact only with the outside edge of the diodes rear. Otherwise you may be bending every diode you press with it into a concave shape.

Any type of stress cant be good for a diode, so be sure that none of the above is happening before you commit to pressing a bunch.