Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1.62W 520nm "Probably the world's most powerful green handheld" $425 OBO

FS: 1.62W 520nm "Probably the world's most powerful green handheld" $425 OBO

1.63W 520nm Sale

1.png

Spec's

Power: 1.75W Peak, 1.63W average
Wavelength: 520nm
Power source: 1x26650
Driver: 2.4A

Price

Laser: $425 OBO
Shipping: $10 (CONUS)
Batteries (2 available): $10 each
Charger: $15

Beamshot's

The other laser in the pictures is a 67mW 515nm
1W%2Bvs%2B67mw.png

USux2ly7MQkxSZXka05rlSmXRlfELLomwUZHGDCi4BU=w460-h819-no

Background:
I just bought this laser a week or so ago, it works great and has no problems. I am selling it because I just cannot afford it right now and it isn't really what I'm looking for (I'm looking for a low beam diameter, low divergence 532nm such as the LG Aries or Hercules). It will just sit and collect dust if I keep it, it would be better if someone else enjoyed it instead.

*I will consider a trade for a Laser glow Aries or Hercules

:thanks:

Last edited:

Re: FS: "World's most powerful green handheld" 1.62W 520nm $475

How does it produce 1.6watts with an X-drive running on only one 26650 cell? Isn't the X-drive a buck driver not a boost? Just wondering

How does it produce 1.6watts with an X-drive running on only one 26650 cell? Isn't the X-drive a buck driver not a boost? Just wondering

It could be, I am not sure I just assumed it was an x-drive since that is what DTR uses for them. I didn't build it, and I don't know much about building lasers. The only thing I know for sure is that it is at 2.4A

Last edited:

I have a 150mw Aries 532nm but the piece in the front you turn to block the laser beam from exiting isn't working right, the window flopping around inside when turning it. I wouldn't consider it a good trade for that though. LG Aries aren't bringing that kind of money for 150mw.

Last edited:

ped

Re: FS: "Probably the world's most powerful green handheld" 1.62W 520nm $475

Corrected the title after complaints.

Regards

Nice laser. Good price even for a second hand one.

:beer:

You do know a 3 element lens would make the beam considerably better, right? You'd lose 1/4 to 1/3 of the power, but it'd still be well above 1W.

3 element lenses are cheap, go ahead and test with one before selling to buy a 532nm. DPSS has it's own set of problems (temperature dependence, instability, degradation..)

Can you post a picture with the front side showing?

atomicrox is right, though 3 element lenses also make wider beams, not narrow ones. I was wondering why you wanted to get rid of something you just got. he's also right about DPSS having it's own problems, they loose the stability contest every time

I put a 3-element lens on it when I first got it, it didn't make enough of a difference for the loss in power. I know what your talking about, the 100mW 520nm I used to have look a 100x better with a three element but this one doesn't for some reason. I would post a picture but I just sold my 3-element lens a few days ago with a broken laser. I am selling it so soon because it's not as bright as I wanted it to be. It's not bright enough to justify the price and beam quality. That's just my opinion though. I really, really like small, low divergent beams so DPSS is much better even if the power is not the most stable.

If you don't like the focusing thing (which I find actually works very well), you can switch it out for the conical adapter shown in the first post.
3.png

l4lgLcoXZc2ciXTqGGWTmMiKwLmkn94FNtNg_PXoxKQ=w460-h819-no

1.png

Last edited:

Your price is good but I can't really wrap my head around the idea this isn't "bright enough". I mean... this is probably the brightest single diode handheld laser on LPF.

The 3 elements lens should have made a lot of difference (it does on all my class 4 lasers), perhaps you used the wrong one?

Even with the 3-element lens, it's not going to look as good near the aperture as a DPSS green though.

Your price is good but I can't really wrap my head around the idea this isn't "bright enough". I mean... this is probably the brightest single diode handheld laser on LPF.

The 3 elements lens should have made a lot of difference (it does on all my class 4 lasers), perhaps you used the wrong one?

My eyes could be damaged from improper laser usage therefore I may not be able to see green as well? Idk, there are different types of 3-element lenses?

If you are nervous about buying it for whatever reason, then we can always use a middleman. As long as you pay more ($5-$10) for the extra shipping cost.

Rainy day today:
1.png

2.png

Last edited:

Never heard of selective eye damage like that. Very unlikely...

3 element lenses come in different coatings for different WLs. Perhaps you used the wrong one or it was busted. I used to have one that fucked up my 405nm's beam pretty bad.

I'm tempted but probably won't buy it because:
-It uses a boost driver - I prefer buck.
-I'm afraid it won't have a decent beam with a 3 element lens - I can't stand the G lens unless I'm going to use the laser as a burner, which isn't the case.
-I have an eye on DTR's new screwable laser module for a 1W green.
-I'm out of cash right now :/

But it's a very good price and an impressive power! Good luck with the sale!

Never heard of selective eye damage like that. Very unlikely...

3 element lenses come in different coatings for different WLs. Perhaps you used the wrong one or it was busted. I used to have one that fucked up my 405nm's beam pretty bad.

I'm tempted but probably won't buy it because:
-It uses a boost driver - I prefer buck.
-I'm afraid it won't have a decent beam with a 3 element lens - I can't stand the G lens unless I'm going to use the laser as a burner, which isn't the case.
-I have an eye on DTR's new screwable laser module for a 1W green.
-I'm out of cash right now :/

But it's a very good price and an impressive power! Good luck with the sale!
Maybe my standards were just too high then, idk but what I do know is that it isn't what I'm looking for, I want something with a thin, low divergent beam.

-It could be a buck driver but I honestly don't know, I'll check.
-The lens was used on a 100mW 520nm previously so idk.
-Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, this isn't an issue with this laser it's all 1W 520nm lasers
-It's a very rare, very high efficiency diode that you won't find easily

Maybe my standards were just too high then, idk but what I do know is that it isn't what I'm looking for, I want something with a thin, low divergent beam.

-It could be a buck driver but I honestly don't know, I'll check.
-The lens was used on a 100mW 520nm previously so idk.
-Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, this isn't an issue with this laser it's all 1W 520nm lasers
-It's a very rare, very high efficiency diode that you won't find easily

-if it's running off one cell it's a boost drive.
-it's a multimode diode, the beam won't look good regardless of what lens you use. Your other 520 looked good because those lower powere diodes are single mode.
-No idea what you are talking about with your third point. Are you telling atomicrox He should buy this instead of what he wants, simply because it's a 1W 520nm laser??
-it's really not that rare...so what, you got a diode that does 150mW-ish higher than normal. 150mW in the grand scheme of multiple watts of a color this close to peak sensitivity is not that great.

Not only all of that ^ but there are more powerful 520 builds out there. Just use the search bar.