Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Free things to good homes!

Trevor

So I've got some extra stuff from my years of going to the scrapyard that I don't think is worth selling, but some people here might want.

All is free to a good home, you just need to pay shipping.

First up, a few huge inductors:

wRnTKKW.jpg

1f2QcFK.jpg

...and my hand, for scale.

jrwfFZ3.jpg

They're on big boards that will NOT fit in a flat rate box. I'd need to trim the excess board somehow to fit them in a flat rate box. A small donation for trimming suggested, but not necessary. :p

Also pictured in the second photo are two aluminum housings - the long thin one is about a foot long, and has a beefy aluminum plate on the bottom. Probably some type of radio equipment. Would be good to stick a lab build in - though the sides are made of a sturdy mesh.

The other little project box is about 4" square, and an inch and change deep.

There's also a 0.5" thick bundle of beefy copper wire; dunno if anyone has a use for copper wire in two foot lengths, uninsulated. It's probably about a pound, or a little less. Worth a couple dollars scrap.

Next up...

gedbhrD.jpg

Two large blower fans, probably 12V. Also untested.

So there you have it, all free to a good home for the price of shipping and PayPal fees. Though donations always appreciated. :p

Be kind to fellow LPF'ers... please don't claim everything. PM me!

Trevor

Last edited:

I need some caps, fans and heatsinks :p
For a coilgun these caps are interesting. They cost a lot here!! And I need those... so badly :yh:
It would be so selfish to take all of these?

How much weigh? Shipping to BR?

Last edited:

Trevor

I need some caps, fans and heatsinks :p
For a coilgun these caps are interesting. They cost a lot here!! And I need those... so badly :yh:
It would be so selfish to take all of these?

How much weigh? Shipping to BR?

The caps will fit in a medium flat rate box. I just calculated some prices on USPS' website. A medium flat rate box costs $60 to ship to Brazil. Not sure how much a lesser service would be; USPS' website doesn't list anything less than $60. Parcel Post and First Class seem to be missing.

To get all that stuff to you, the only figure USPS will give me is over $100...

How are heavy things usually shipped to you? UPS? There's got to be a reasonable way to ship something heavy to you...

Trevor

I'd be interested in the caps and maybe one Heatsink if the find aren't too bad. Both items are excellent for solid state tesla coils. Any idea if these will fit in one of the flat rate boxes?

Trevor

Caps will fit in one box, as will a heatsink. Both heatsinks should.

...I need to go over to the post office and grab some flat rate boxes... :)

Trevor

Last edited:

tonyt

I'll take a few pairs of those WL goggles for friends when they come by..
Pm incoming :yh:

Hey. Only the caps. Can you calculate for me using DHL? I never received anything heavy... Maybe 2 or 3 split packages are cheaper? :p

Last edited:

Trevor

All glasses and wire spoken for.

Leodahsan: To ship ~5 pounds via DHL in a box that will fit the caps, it will be close to $200.

Trevor

Damn. No problem then, I'll jump of the boat :) It is more expensive then I can afford...

If the caps are not gone yet I will take them :). Perhaps the heatsinks too if they are not yet taken.

Thanks!
Jeff

Trevor

Goggles, caps, heatsinks, and wire are all claimed.

Still got the pretty-cool-project-boxes and the fans. If there aren't any takers it'll probably get trashed later on today.

Trevor