Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Free Shipping at Dino Direct?!?

paulzimm

Hello, I am ready to purchase a cheap $170 very cool 4 color laser DMX/audio projector:

SHINP Green & Red & Yellow & Purple Laser Stars Light Show Special Effects Stage Projector DL-55C - DinoDirect.com

If you do Google searches for "SHINP DL-55c" you will see that they offer FREE shipping. Problem is that when you get to the cart they tack on another ** $116 ** for 3 day express shipping to the USA. There is no other shipping method available and I am in no rush to receive this item. I would be more happy paying $30-$40 shipping and waiting a month or so. How in the heck can I do this? This is the first time I have purchased from DinoDirect but I know members here use them all the time.

Anyone know how I actually get this free shipping deal? Does any one have a coupon code for discounted shipping? Why and the heck do all their Google searches come back with free shipping?

Your help is MUCH appreciated!

- Paul

hakzaw1

Must be R+G for the Y-- even tho the mWs dont add up.. but if the free shipping is real and they can send it so it will arrive undamaged it looks like a steal for a satilite pj.

An AUX in for sound reactive would be a must tho.. those tiny mics in china PJS are worthless imo.

Maybe Lasersman can get one at that price- they shipped me a $209... reke500rgb(ilda) free- undamaged and it came 12 days after paying.

paulzimm

They are completely unwilling to send this item via regular shipping method. I refuse to spend $118 shipping on an item that costs only $170! What the hell, I do not need it in 3 days, I guess I will take my business elsewhere. Quote from their chat:

paulzimmtech.net 14:55:28
Hello, I am trying to order laser projector for $170 and it says shipping to the USA is $118 for Express service. I do not need Express and will not pay over $100 for shipping, any advice?

DinoWilliam 14:55:56
Would you please allow me a few more minutes to check it for you?

paulzimmtech.net 14:56:21
There is only one shipping method to the USA. I order things all the time from China and shipping should not be this expensive.

paulzimmtech.net 14:57:48
I am a long-time member of LaserPonterForums and I started a thread about this projector: Free Shipping at Dino Direct?!? - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers

DinoWilliam 14:59:42
I'm sorry this item can not be shipped via free shipping

paulzimmtech.net 15:00:22
Okay, that is fine but I do not need it Express shipping in 3-5 days. How do I select regular shipping?

DinoWilliam 15:00:54
Cause it can not shipped via regular post service.

paulzimmtech.net 15:01:03
I am fine waiting a month for it to arrive, I will not spend $118 shipping on a $170 item.

DinoWilliam 15:01:29
I'm sorry but i can not change shipping method

paulzimmtech.net 15:01:31
What? I order things all the time from China and usually never spend more than $40

DinoWilliam 15:02:09
this item is very heavy

paulzimmtech.net 15:02:29
Yes, but I DO NOT NEED IT RUSH.

paulzimmtech.net 15:02:41
I am fine waiting a month

paulzimmtech.net 15:02:51
Expect a bad review here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/free-shipping-dino-direct-70764.html#post1020119

paulzimmtech.net 15:02:55
Thank you, bye

DinoWilliam 15:03:08
bye have a nice day

Last edited:

ginhev123

Don't forget all the nightmare stories from people who have bought from lasersman.. Have a good day.:umbrella:

Huh?!? Does the guy rip people off or something?
It's DinoDirect's laser store. They dont have a good history. I paid $100 for 3-7 day UPS shipping, and they shipped it by the cheaper EMS option, and it took 18 days to arrive.

paulzimm

I could care less when I get the item, it's just that I refuse to spend $118 on shipping for something I am not in a rush to get. As long as they don't rip people off and I get it in 4 weeks, I am happy.

And , oh, they are $118 cheaper because I didn't have to pay for shipping ;o)

hakzaw1

No nightmares for me- tracking was showing every move and arrived in perfect condition in only 12 days total.

@ginhev--hope it does not spoil your day if Paul is happy after getting his laser projector.

I wouldnt give them my business. They started out good in the beginning, but a lot of bad stories lately. I'd pass.

ginhev123

No nightmares for me- tracking was showing every move and arrived in perfect condition in only 12 days total.

@ginhev--hope it does not spoil your day if Paul is happy after getting his laser projector.

I was talking about the latest firedragon GB..

jimdt7

I usually chat with KATH SMART on facebook
before i buy something from them to ensure
everything will be ok :)

Jim