Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Free sample glasses with diffraction grating

AstroLaser

When members talked about diffraction grating on the forum I remembered that years ago I got some free pairs of 3D glasses from a company that also included some speciality glasses that used diffraction grating, I shined my laser thru the lens recently and it put evenly spaced dots all over the place so I asumed it used diffraction grating on that pair. The glasses are cardboard frame with thin plastic lens, but they work and they were free ! :D

I just checked to see if any places still offered the free glasses, they do, but now they do ask that you send a self-addressed stamped envelope to get your free pair. (which is understandale if they had gotten a lot of requests in the past for free samples and the postage started adding up)

(so technically it is no longer totally free, it now costs sending a self-addressed stamped envelope, but that is understandable)

For your free sample pair they let you choose from several types, I believe the "Fireworks glasses" is probally the diffraction grating type.

(click on the link below to see the types you can choose from as well as the address to send a self-addressed stamped envelope)

Free 3D Glasses - Get a Free pair of 3d glasses from Rainbow Symphony Inc.

Petacat

Thanks Astrolaser! Sent for my free Fireworks shades,
and got the $1.00 Eclipse shades for viewing
the Sun spots as well.:wave:

Thanks Astrolaser! Sent for my free Fireworks shades,
and got the $1.00 Eclipse shades for viewing
the Sun spots as well.:wave:
That's great !

I already had mylar filters specially made for solar observation use so I did not need those eclipse glasses but I might consider getting some anyhow. :cool:

Many years ago I saw an offer online for free sample 3D glasses from one (or more companies, I don't remember right now) and back then they sent me a large (8x11 or so) envelope filled with samples of many various types, different types of 3D, the "fireworks" diffraction grating type and I think some other types. (I guess perhaps they started getting too many requests to be able to continue sending all that and that is probally why they now ask for a SASE to get a free pair of your choice.)