Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FREE Laser! today at 8:00PM CST

Which color 501B host should the kit be made from?

• Total voters
Re: Building a laser. Then giving it away.

Camo would be cool, blue is my second choice.

Edit: A matte white host would probably look very cool too, and a polished one. But as you don't have those, I vote camo

Last edited:

Hi well I voted blue because I think the 445 and the 450nm diodes are most commonly used diodes in a lot of builds. There affordable and very efficient and the A140 you chose to build with is almost up there with the ever popular M140 series diode. Good thinking buddy for the choice of diode and driver. That 1.25mW mini driver is perfect for this host. It will fit like a glove. Besides your generosity happy to see you new store moving along well good luck best wishes. ;-))

Pman

Black or blue went with blue.

Okay, so we'll probably delay this until tomorrow evening.
I forgot I had plans today, so I won't get my video made....

You are awesome to do a giveaway!
Black or Blue looks good to me.

Oh .. well im stupid ... you did say which diode... i should learn to read .. lol

To bad i cant revote, on the other hand black and blue looks good.

Last edited:

Lol.

Okay, for sure we'll do it tonight!
Those "plans" I had ended with me getting drunk and rolling my ankle playing volley ball. So now I can't walk....
I didn't break anything though, just have to wear a brace.

I'm assuming it will be a blue host.

Blue host with black aluminum heatsink, 1.25A boost driver. A140 diode in a 12mm copper module.

Random.org returned a number 6.
the 6th person listed on the voting results was Trendkilla254.
Congrats. PM sent.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats Trendkilla254!
Thanks again Moh, for your generous give away.

Last edited:
I've only had the $1 lasers lol but I've seen tutorials on constructing these things. If I win, I vow to use my powers for good! Saving cats from trees & such.

Use L.A.'s Totally Awesome Drain Cleaner from the dollar tree on the threads! Cant beat it for $1. Click the link in my signature on the C6 build and it will show you how it strips the anodizing. If you are doing threads only I mix a little with baking soda and make a paste, use it in well ventilated areas only though, with gloves! A little goes a long way. Also flush it with plenty of water when your satisfied with the amount stripped. Hope this helps.

-Nute

Thanks, I oughta try that- my dremel method works fine, but it's a bit annoying to do, and all that dust goes everywhere...I also accidentally ruined my blue host, when I glued the contact board in some glue (evidently used too much) ran into the threads and ruined the connection.

Gratz on the laser trend :)