Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Frankenstien labby burns through CD Case

gyrodryve

Now you get to see my crappy job at making a battery operated labby, but boy does this thing burn. Here it burns through a CD case.

http://www.youtube.com/v/UvMxzAAdTQ4

If this thing is only 150mW tops, I cant wait to get an RPL 300, or a half or even 1 watt labby :D

gyrodryve

Its a lab set from ebay - did a whole heap of tests and got it operational from a battery operated DC constant current laser driver. Its presently running at 5% over the original set current (900ma).

gyrodryve

DDL, I bought that switch at jaycar, aptly named "missile switch cover".

I just had to have one - you see them all the time in movies for none other than turning on big laser, firing missiles or doing stuff that a accidental switch bump would not be wanted. I also like it coz if I need to switch off the laser in a hurry, just whacking that big red thing causes the switch to go into the off position. Its got a pretty strong spring in it.

Cheers
Ben

BlueFusion

if anyone wants one of those switch covers or switch w/ cover, i could get one and post it off to you, they are only about $10 AUD.