Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Forum newb question: Discounts and coupon codes

AdventureLlama

Howdy everyone!

So I've been wanting to get a nice green pointer for astronomy for a while now and have finally settled on a 30mw pointer from Optotronics (a US based company I've read is well respected on this forum). Before I place my order, is there any chance they offer discounts or coupon codes to LP forum members? Thanks!

Caleb

Jax, FL USA

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
For a star pointer greenie, lots of people just buy 301 532nm lasers on ebay for cheap, they will put out that much power for just ten bucks with a longer duty cycle than the little pen pointer you are looking to buy. However, the small pen unit is easier to carry in a pocket & if you are only using it to point at stars, you don't need a duty cycle longer than the 90 seconds on, 30 seconds off that pen pointer has.

Sorry, I don't know about any coupons, but I did try to find one. Just contact them and ask.

Yikes, looking around on their web site I see they sell high quality higher power 532nm lasers, or, at least the price would lead one to think so. That 30mw pointer must be a good little one for 60 bucks, or you would hope it is.

Last edited:
Laser Project is right a chinese laser would work great for pointing at stars + it usually has the same power (20-30mW or higher). The single problem is I think is a bit too bright for astronomy... oh I said so much times on other threads in which guys were asking for 5mW+ for astronomy use... BTW sorry for not answering your question, I don't think they have any discount for LPF members, since no member here works there.. this is just my thought, I'm not sure about it.
Good luck on your searching:)

Matt,

Last edited: