Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For the Mad Scientist in You

Welcome to Sam Barros' PowerLabs
railgunfire.jpg

Sam Barros' PowerLabs!

I'm in awe! Thanks for sharing this.

I just browsed over your site a little, and I will certainly be doing a lot of reading exploring there very soon.

oh wow, this is so cool... but on the railgun video, I couldn't tell, did that one wire explode every time, or was that just a relay making contact or something? Cause that was a metric f$*kload of energy.

will

Arayan

Very nice site ... but I have more chemical reagents than him :eg::D

Arayan

the "proofs" which I mentioned in previous post :)

Attachments

• IMAG1.jpg
    IMAG1.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 678
  • IMAG2.jpg
    IMAG2.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG03.jpg
    IMAG03.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 671
  • IMAG4.jpg
    IMAG4.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 172
^wow. Why do you have all that? I assume you work with amoebas or something, considering your avatar....
also, do you have some nitric & sulfuric acid above 96% purity you could send me? :D

Arayan

^wow. Why do you have all that? I assume you work with amoebas or something, considering your avatar....
also, do you have some nitric & sulfuric acid above 96% purity you could send me? :D

sometimes in the field of biology we need acids and bases with a high degree of purity to prepare different solutions (FE for genetics, proteomics and microscopy)... but I think that may be difficulties in sending :D

sometimes in the field of biology we need acids and bases with a high degree of purity to prepare different solutions (FE for genetics, proteomics and microscopy)... but I think that may be difficulties in sending :D

I was thinking more along the lines of synthesizing me some nice TNT :evil:
and yeah, I don't think USPS would be too happy if low PH acid spilled in the mail truck. LOL

Arayan

I was thinking more along the lines of synthesizing me some nice TNT :evil:
and yeah, I don't think USPS would be too happy if low PH acid spilled in the mail truck. LOL

Yes but there are easy ways to make explosives (FE sugar with potassium perchlorate) :wave:

Yes but there are easy ways to make explosives (FE sugar with potassium perchlorate) :wave:

Lol.... for halloween, my friend and I made about a pound of 3:2 KNO3:C12H22O11 and forgot to put in an anti-combustion agent, the result was a spectacular explosion of smoke :D
But it doesn't compare to a true explosive, like TNT. The most dangerous thing I have done so far is a few mg of HMTD, nothing super dangerous with protective gear. :evil:

Arayan

Lol.... for halloween, my friend and I made about a pound of 3:2 KNO3:C12H22O11 and forgot to put in an anti-combustion agent, the result was a spectacular explosion of smoke :D
But it doesn't compare to a true explosive, like TNT. The most dangerous thing I have done so far is a few mg of HMTD, nothing super dangerous with protective gear. :evil:

Another "true explosive" that I did several years ago with great results is the Mercury fulminate (Hg(CNO)2)... amazing :cool::eg:

Lol Explosives are fun! :D But I stopped playing with fire over a decade ago. It's amazing what having to plea down a felony charge in court, to instead get a misdemeanor will do to your mindset.... For the record. Simply messing with fireworks to make bigger prettier ones, then lighting them off in an abandoned parking lot at 1:00 A.M, here in utah is a second degree felony.... =/ =/ =/ =/ =/ =/. I must say I am QUITE glad I never got caught for any of the homemade explosives I made to mess with. I can only imagine what the penalties are now, in the post september 11 terrorist attacks world are....

My advice from someone who has had to deal with the courts related to that issue is, if you live in america, DON'T DO IT. It doesn't matter if you are messing with explosives for fun, just to watch them go off, or if you like to blow up various objects, like say watermelons, the neighbors yappy dog, or whatever, The penalties if the local cops get bored, are just too severe.

As a side and TOTALY unrelated note: Local cops in utah have NOTHING better to do then sit in abandoned parking lots at 1:00 AM......

As a side and TOTALY unrelated note: Local cops in utah have NOTHING better to do then sit in abandoned parking lots at 1:00 AM......

LOL! :crackup:
good advice though. I try to keep any custom fireworks grounded, so as not to attract attention. Always do it in the snow or mud, too. And I always wonder how these teenagers on youtube get liters of nitric acid or industrial blasting caps..... :confused: