Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: PL-C II 250mw overspec (300-325?)

For Sale: PL-C 250mw (300-325) $240 (price lowered)
I'm selling it because I don't use it enough to justify owning it. Includes shipping priority/insured, 3 batteries (blue ultrafire), original box, jetlasers safety goggles, and an ultrafire charger. (i paid $420 not including shipping, batteries, or charger)

I don't have an LPM, but i would assume that it puts out quite a bit more than 250-300mw, just because this company is know for selling over spec lasers. Properly focused, it will ignite matches in about a second.

It's total run time, i would estimate to be less than an hour. I've only had it out on 4 brief (but awesome) occasions. It was never on for longer than one minute at a time. It is in mint condition. It is essentially new.

Why i bought it:
I wanted a powerful high quality laser. I had considered purchasing one from optotronics, novalasers, or laserglow (all top quality), but landed on jetlasers because they've received excellent reviews on this forum. I chose green over blue, because its more visible, and less dangerous than blue (if only slighty?). The first one i ordered took several weeks to show up due to a backlog of orders, it was then stopped by customs, but jetlasers (great company) sent me a replacement and i got it after many weeks of (impatiently) waiting. Once i received it, it defiantly exceeded my expectations of what a good laser would look and feel like. The beam at night (especially on the beach) is incredible. Even the safety features on the laser (key, aperture, and loop pin) give you a sense that it is an important device.

Why you might want to buy it from me vs. new:
The advantages are:
1. no waiting, you can have it in a few days.
2. its less expensive (especially with the goggles, batteries and charger).
3. no risk of it being confiscated by customs
4. its still under warranty Nov. 2011
5. the benefits of owning a laser of this quality: no risk of damaging it if you put the battery in backwards, the light is IR filtered, the diode is from a quality US manufacturer, better duty cycle, longevity.

Please feel free to email for photos or with questions. Also, i am willing to send it to a trusted forum member as a middle-man if desired. I can also provide my personal ph# etc. I am located in Portland OR.

Thanks!

Anyone not already familiar with this laser can read these reviews:
The Bright Side • View topic - Jetlasers PL-C 250mW 532 Pictorial Review
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jetlasers-pl-c-250mw-532nm-handheld-laser-review-w-pix-57383.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jetlasers-pl-c-300-mw-532-nm-laser-59897.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jetlasers-200mw-532nm-pgl-review-pic-heavy-50699.html

Attachments

• plc 1.JPG
    plc 1.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 142
  • plc 2.JPG
    plc 2.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 128
  • plc 3.JPG
    plc 3.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 156
  • plc 5.JPG
    plc 5.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

ped

You need to take photos of it with your LPF username & date in the picture before anyone will even consider buying your laser.

rhd

Please feel free to email for photos or with questions. Also, i am willing to send it to a trusted forum member as a middle-man if desired. I can also provide my personal ph# etc.

Photos should be in the thread IMO, not in an email.

Last edited:
I don't have an LPM, but i would assume that it puts out quite a bit more than 250-300mw, just because this company is know for selling over spec lasers. Properly focused, it will ignite matches in about a second.

In addition to what ped and rhd said, you should also considering sending your laser to one of the vets to LPM. Most will do it for the price of shipping the laser back. The reason I say this is, lasers do degrade over time, and lighting a match really means little. Properly focused a 150mW laser also lights a match in under a second...

Another thing is... you might want to take a look around over the past couple of weeks of threads. Your asking price is kind of high. I mean it's a nice laser... no question about that, but it's not likely to sell at all the way it is currently positioned with no LPM reading, no pictures, and a high price.

Lastly, is your sale CONUS only?

rhd

Agreed ^

Swimsurfer has a 425mw + green that is fully LPM'd up for sale at $400, which still hasn't sold at that price. So if you're hoping to sell this, I think you might need to lower your price a few ballparks and test it. I don't really know what is going on in China, but green prices have been falling drastically.

Trevor

In addition to what ped and rhd said, you should also considering sending your laser to one of the vets to LPM.

If you end up wanting this done, I'd be willing to do it.

If you let us know where you are geographically, we can find a vet close to you to save on shipping.

-Trevor

You guys are ruthless :)

So i dropped the price. I'm located in Portland Oregon. I will post some photos shortly.

Trevor - thanks for offering to meter it! If anyone who buys it would like it metered first i would be willing to ship to Trevor or whoever for that purpose.

Thanks, pics to follow...

It amazes me the number of people that post items for sale with no mention of what part of the planet they hail from. :confused:

Please I beg you OP, please update your profile to at least include a general idea of where you are at. We don't need a link to google street view of your home, but at least the continent you are on for a start. :D

Edit: nevermind. You posted your location as I was posting this. :beer:

Last edited:
Ruthless, cautious - Tomato, Tomato:cool:

Thing is, you really should send the laser to Trevor for testing first. Without it, the most we can safely assume your laser can do is 100mW.

Just to give you some idea: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-o-like-450mw-green-irf-63458.html that laser went for $250, so if it was sold internationally, figure $280 or so, but it was LPMed, and much more powerful.

Here as example of what Trevor's done in the past, it's actually very thorough IMO: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/200mw-green-laser-532nm-adjustable-250-a-63643.html If you go through the thread you'll it was originally listed at 700mW, but in reality it's only a ~300mW laser. Original sale price was $900...

Good luck:beer:

Last edited:
here are some photos.... (I took the beam shots just as it was getting dark here in portland)

Some one needs this in time for fourth of july, so please buy it!

Another thought, if the buyer has an LPM and good rep count on the forum, then i wouldn't mind sending it off with a partial payment pending LPM results of at least 300mw.

Attachments

• plc 1.JPG
    plc 1.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 116
  • plc 2.JPG
    plc 2.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 110
  • plc 3.JPG
    plc 3.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 117
  • plc 5.JPG
    plc 5.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
To help sell this, i thought i'd post a match lighting video...

not sure how else to describe that this is not you're typical green laser, certainly not a cheepo. $290 is a great deal for someone...

Attachments

• 0001.wmv
    4.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

rhd

Ok, in all fairness - I know that it's very difficult to make power assessments via photos or videos.

However, having seen that video, I would be very surprised if this came in at all under the 250mW spec. That's not what I would call taking "1 second" to light matches - this is more like nearly immediate combustion.

Again, it's hard to really know anything from a video - but that video is very persuasive.

It's a nice video, and a nice laser.

The only problem is, comparable and more powerful lasers sell on a fairly regular basis for less. Remember this is an untested unit... and it is used.

IIRC they were less in a not so distant past group buy too. I'm too lazy to search though.

Thanks for the reply's. Yes laser's degrade over time, but this laser is fairly new, has been turned on very little time in total. Secondly this is a laser well made with good components, less risk of degradation due to the long duty cycle, good heat dispersing, and higher quality diode. It is essentially a new laser in my opinion.

Of course it outputs more than 250mw, all jet lasers do. Some a a lot more than spec. I'm confident enough of this, that anyone interested in buying it is welcome to having it sent out for an independent metering prior to purchase.

Yes there are cheaper lasers out there, but as with anything (tools etc.) you get what you pay for. I still think this is a great deal for a higher end laser.

InfinitusEquitas - i see you have a lot of cheap lasers, perhaps you're biased?

InfinitusEquitas - i see you have a lot of cheap lasers, perhaps you're biased?

Define cheap. Put a dollar amount to it.

Fact is, your valuation of the laser is off.

Check out the price there for a brand new laser, same one you're selling:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/jetlasers-gb-5-feeler-thread-64196.html
How about a more powerful laser that is actually overspec and tested:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/200mw-green-laser-532nm-adjustable-250-a-63643.html
Wait, let's try another more powerful cheaper option:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-o-like-450mw-green-irf-63458.html
Here's another:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jet-plc-200mw-green-sale-63839.html

Now those are all past sales, here's a current one from a respected member, for the same exact laser, and it has been LPMed:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-405nm-glp-250mw-pl-c-230mw-lcc-520mw-12x-64034.html

Good luck with the sale. You'll need it.

Last edited:

rhd

I still stand by that the video is a pretty good indicator of power. Lol, though right below this thread (at least when I just looked) is Udanis' sale thread for a "Jet Laser PL-C 250mw @532nm" - same thing I think. FWIW, he has had trouble selling his @ $240 shipped, and it's (sort of) metered.

I'm starting to get really curious as to why greens don't seem to be selling like they used to. Is it because of the 515s on the horizon? Is it because there are more green DPSS sources? I actually am really stumped here, neither of those explanations are very compelling.

This is a nice looking laser. It needs to find a home :)