Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For sale: 200 Watt RGB Laser

Not mine, actually, but I found it on eBay, and would love for someone with the skills to use it to buy it and document the internals.

Mitsubishi LaserVue L65-A90 65-inch -Non-Functional | eBay

I know, I know, probably not a 200 watt laser in there, the total power consumption of the TV is 200 watts. Either way, the screen is rated at 500 nits, so you would need an absurd amount of laser power in there! I will buy it myself if nobody with great teardown skills steps up, but I am not the best person for the job.

Any bites? I am sure whatever lies inside that thing is worth $500!

"Product Condition:
Non-Functional - Non-Functional products are NOT fully functional. They may be damaged or missing essential parts. Please review all pictures and read all product notes prior to making your purchase. We have described these items to the best of our ability, but make no warranty or guarantee as to the condition of the product you may receive. These products are As-Is, no returns, for any reason."

Not sure if I'd trust it. If anyone buys it, ask the seller if it has all the laser diodes and whatnot, and save a copy of their reply.

True, but they are required to disclose which parts are missing. It is missing the remote, and the description does not mention any actual missing internal parts.

If you look at the seller's other auctions, they appear to just be a reseller. I very much doubt that he has the technical know-how to be stripping assemblies out of this thing.

I will message him and post back, though.

Thanks, I'm sure if this does have all the diodes and everything, 250 bucks wouldn't be bad to dig inside of one of these.

Edit: oops 266 bucks for shipping, missed that lmfao.

6300 dollars new on amazon, holy sh*T!

Last edited:
Yeah, the shipping is killer. I can actually pick it up if I need to, I live half in Colorado, half in California, it would be a 4 hour drive there and back for me.

The fact that the power cord is frayed makes me hope it is just a fuse issue. TVs with the "turn on for second, then back off" symptom are often pretty easy to fix! Of course, if I could get it working, I might not have the balls to take it apart.

I sent this message:
Hi! I am interesting in buying this TV for parts to repair my own LaserVue, and I wanted to make sure the TV has all it's internal components, and that it has not been opened or altered.

Thanks!

Too much money for an "if". I doubt there are any super powerful lasers that are in there. Plus chances are the reason why it doesnt work are the lasers.

Yeah it's either the mainboard of the tv, or it was used in too hot of an environment and/or the fan stopped working and killed the diodes.

Looking at the listing again, the "no video is displayed" might actually be a huge "STAY AWAY" for this one.

Why do you doubt it has any powerful lasers? I mean, the light engine is entirely laser based, including the green...

And I really doubt it is the lasers. I mean, what happened, all three lasers died at the exact same time? Even if that were true, it would not power on, then power off.

I am not a laser expert, though, so my guess is really just talking out of my ass. :p

Hey if you want to buy it, all the power to you.

This is what powers the TV.

necsel.jpg

It uses DPSS technology on a wafer, so no diodes, no way to cut this thing a part.

What is Necsel Technology? | 3D-OLED-TV Display-Laser-Television-QLED

And it consumes 200W, not outputs it.

Palmer as with anything else, if you are thinking of buying, or recommended something, do some homework first.

anselm

there's an array of dozen or two of 635nm laser diodes inside those TVs.
There's a thread about them somewhere, but you'd be the first to butcher one here.

Anselm please remember where you found this information. It could be very useful.

Green lasers gear up for display markets

"The Mitsubishi engineers pumped the tiny Nd:YVO4 laser with a linear laser-diode array (a bar) with 15 individual ~100 µm-wide emitters separated by ~200 µm. This pumping geometry created 15 different lasing channels in the Nd:YVO4 and LiNbO3 waveguides. Each channel was guided by the waveguide in the vertical direction and focused by thermal lensing in the horizontal direction. The engineers induced the thermal lensing by designing the heat removal so that a parabolic temperature gradient existed in the transverse direction across each of the 15 channels. Spatial interference effects, in the far zone where the 15 green beams overlapped, were not critical because the beam was ultimately expanded to cover the entire television screen.

The diode array produced 27 W of 808 nm output, from which the doubled vanadate laser generated 11.4 W of green power for a 42% optical efficiency (from 808–1064 nm to 532 nm). The overall electrical (wall-plug) efficiency was 21%. The Mitsubishi engineers modulated the laser at 1.68 kHz and observed essentially a constant green peak-power output, independent of duty cycle ranging from 30 to 100%."

Last edited:
there's an array of dozen or two of 635nm laser diodes inside those TVs.
There's a thread about them somewhere, but you'd be the first to butcher one here.

Not in that TV.

Just search Mitsubishi on the forum. Pull Bang Dead spells it out pretty well.