Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fogger Issue

Ok, as some of you know I am moving house in a few days. The main thing I havent packed is my smoke machine, for one simple reason... it is full with three quarters of a tank of juice. I heard you are not supposed to drain the tank because it damages the pump or something so that is off the list and I am not sure the lid on the tank is water tight so if it ends up upside down in the back of the car or anything it could go everywhere and completely ruin the machine and everything around it.

So what would you recommend? I am thinking just pack it into its original box and keep it upright in the car and hope for the best...

Things

No, you can empty the fog machine, fluid will still remain in the pipes, but they are small so it won't leak out. Just empty whats in the tank and your set

things said:
No, you can empty the fog machine, fluid will still remain in the pipes, but they are small so it won't leak out. Just empty whats in the tank and your set

Easier said than done as well, its only got a 1 pint tank on it and the only way to empty it is the same way you fill it which isn't exactly easy. I read somewhere than if you have used it and then drain it, the next time tis used again there will be a bit of air in the pipes which will go into the pump and cause a problem.

Things

leaving it dry for a while won't affect it much, there will always be fluid in there, unless you are trying to get it out. If you are just moving, and unpacking within 2 weeks it will be fine

things said:
leaving it dry for a while won't affect it much, there will always be fluid in there, unless you are trying to get it out. If you are just moving, and unpacking within 2 weeks it will be fine

Ah I see...

Well its not in the box it came in again, I marked the top of the box and its going in the car upright. Just hope it doesnt end up upside down for some reason... there are 3 computers going in the back of the car with it.

As I use mine infrequently I always empty the tank then put in a small amount of distilled water and run it through. I think I read thet the glycerine can block the pipes if left too long.......

Regards rog8811

Ok, im at new house now and all is fine! I put the machine back in the original box, marked the top of the box and put it in the car.