Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fog?

so i was thinking that since im gonna be doing this laser thing for sure, i may as well get a way to make fog. so i check online for fog machines and get faced by my only limitation so far: money. so is there a nontoxic way to make fog really easy? im kinda worried about using dry ice since CO2 in large quantities can be harmful...

alrighty thanks again :) im trying to find ways to earn moneys so i can get the laser and goggles, so i may as well save for something else :thanks:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Merpie, not sure where you live, but if you're going to buy a fog machine, the best time of the year is right after Halloween (Oct. 31). All the Halloween stores clear out their stock starting the day after the holiday! :yh:
IMO, a fog machine is the best way to go, they're fairly inexpensive, and will give you all the fog you need in only a couple of minutes.

Really good idea BowtieGuy, I have yet to buy a fog machine so I'll wait until Halloween pops around and pick one up for myself. If they weren't so expensive online because of the exchange rate right now I'd already have ordered one online by now :eek:

Eracoy

If I need just enough fog to fill a room to take some pictures, I'll often put a few drops of pure vegetable glycerine on a large spoon and heat it with a lighter or candle. Just make sure it doesn't boil and blow gently over it and you will end up with clouds of fog in no time!

I get glycerin from the drug store, and one of those oil diffuser things. Its like a metal bowl suspended over a tealight candle. Normally you put scented oil in it and the candle heats it but if you put glycerin it creates a nice thick non-toxic fog. Costs less than 10$ for the whole thing and the pure glycerin lasts a long time.

I bought a Chauvelt Fog Machine 4 years ago for 50 dollars on Amazon. I have used the machine every weekend for those 4 years for at least a few hours each weekend. Over those 4 years I am on only my 4th quart of Fog juice which costs 12 per quart. If you plan on staying in this hobby long term, do yourself a favor and buy a fog machine.