Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fog and Lasers (EPIC beamshots)

Hey guys,

Normally I don't post any pictures of my lasing due to my camera being too crap to take good beamshots...

But this time, I was out lasing around in some fog when I bumped into a friend taking some fog pictures with his awesome camera. So, obviously, we decided to take some really awesome beam shots!

The green you see is my RPL-300 and the red is a 290mW MXDL from Jayrob. The guy in the pics is me, lol. All pictures are unmodified, taken straight from the camera and resized a bit.

---- PICS ----

Beamshots

Diffraction grating beamshots

I blew through the beams to get them to show up. Although in some pics it looks like I've got a face full of laser, that's just the green glow from all the beams in the fog, not me sticking my head in the path of the beams, lol. A few pics show how far I actually was away from the laser.

And finally, pure win:

:D

Last edited:

LMAO.. might wanna get a pair of green laser blocking glasses.. that pretty close to your face.. other then that.. great pics and have fun lasering.. if you can still see.. jks!

LMAO.. might wanna get a pair of green laser blocking glasses.. that pretty close to your face.. other then that.. great pics and have fun lasering.. if you can still see.. jks!

I've got several pairs of goggles for green lasers, but you don't need them for shots like that. You use goggles for burning (or other times when looking at the dot in close proximity) and when there is a chance of reflection. When you're taking outdoor shots like those you should be fine as long as your not stupid. In which case, goggles won't even save you if you're being stupid.

Dam

Beautiful beamshots, I love your red&green pictures! Looks like Darth Vader and Skywalker's lightsabres! :D

k1kb0t

Nice beamshots, scary to see all that green in your face with no glasses.

Jon