Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focusing Cap?

Ender

I'm a complete noob when it comes to lasers and i just received my first high powered green laser yesterday but it is unfocusable, I didn't realize how important that was burning wise until afterward. It is a 150 mw pen style laser from rayfoss and i was wondering if a cap such as the star cap (which came with my laser btw) exists that is made just for focusing. Here is a link to the picture of the model of laser i own. www.rayfoss.com

any help would be greatly appreciated.:D

you can just take a positive lens like a magnifying glass, works fine.

HIMNL9

not already made ..... there is something that can be done for turn some green modules into "focusable" ones, but you need the brass type modules, and anyway is not exactly easy ..... ;)

if you get into the laser the top of the module will usually have a lens thats threaded in to the proper focus. You can unscrew this lens to adjust the focus but it's a pain to adjust.

Al3xXx

Is it possible for my <100mW green laser class III which works with 2 AAA batteries and which has no focusable lens to burn something or light matches??? PLEASE REPLY

HIMNL9

If you only need to do burning trials, just add a positive lens in front of your laser pointer, for focus it at a tiny spot ..... it's the easiest way ;)

Al3xXx

Thank you a lot for your answer I will try this and I hope it will work!