Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focus Ring Aesthetic Alteration

I feel this may have been done before, but I bought a laser a while back for the adjustable module inside it. It came with 4 diffraction caps, which are wonderful to toy with but the novelty wears off soon.

star5.JPG

What I did does not enhance the laser to my knowledge, although it may help "clean up" the beam a little bit due the the smaller aperture.

You can remove the knurled part that rotates and it fits perfectly over an Aixiz ring! It is not a snug fit so I recommend something along the lines of J-B Weld if you want it absolutely permanent, but otherwise 5 minute epoxy works fantastically.

I'll try to get a picture of how this looks on a laser host up very soon!

Hmm. Interesting. But it will also decrease power if the aperture is smaller (but you are right, it would probably clean it up a bit).

That picture looks familiar. :D I'm curious to see the modification too.

That picture looks familiar. :D I'm curious to see the modification too.

OH CRAP sorry, man, I just searched "laser star cap" on images or something. If I had known it were of your site I would have asked first. If you would prefer I take it down and find another one, I would gladly find another to use.

P.S fanboy shout out to you, styro, you got me into lasers. your videos/posts are such quality

Oh I don't care, there's nothing wrong with embedding images from a different site. It's not like you're taking my work and claiming it as your own like some have done.

I'm glad you like my videos!