Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focus Help Green Laser

Hello First time posting long time viewer. I tried finding a problem similar and didnt find one. I was wondering on how to fix the laser.

100mW Ultrafire host portable green laser /outdoor hunting [OLUGL100] - $72.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

This is the laser I bought and originally it was very awesome and worked perfectly. When the focuser??? was unscrewed it would shine a large green dot onto an area. Now it is very scattered and looks similar to a night sky with a bunch of stars.

I thought it was dirty to I tried cleaning it with a que tip and some water, but did not change it at all. When the focuser is put on the spot has a halo of very small dots around it.

P1000440.jpg

Without the focuser

P1000443.jpg

With the focuser

it's definitely a dirty lens.

Water is not a good solution to clean it with.
It may be an internal optical element that is contaminated.

If the laser was not designed to function when disassembled, the you should not disassemble it.

If you want to try cleaning it again, use 90% isopropyl alcohol and a clean cotton swab. Use each side only once.

Thank you for the help ^_^

No problem.
You can also try an air blower to remove any residual particles from the cotton swab.
Try not to use a soaked tip. Use the alcohol sparingly so it will evaporate cleanly and quickly and leave minimal residue.