Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FocalPrice "100mW" Green Pen Laser

Hi guys,

This is my first review. I'll kind of copy the structure of an other review. I don't have the laser reviewed anymore and I'll try to do my best.

The laser is a "100mW 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Pen" from Focalprice.
Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082?PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.
The price was $25.

Shipping/Packaging
It took 20 days to arrive here in Brazil. I chosed the cheaper option (Registered Airmail) It came in a poor white envelope. I was expecting it to be a yellow one.
DSCN2855.jpg

Although the protection is poor, it was really hard to open. I had open piece by piece. Good point.
DSCN2856.jpg

DSCN2857.jpg

Of course, I bought a pair of protection glasses !
DSCN2858.jpg

Overall Appearance/Feel
The laser box is as ordinary as possible. Nothing different from the other pen style lasers.
DSCN2862.jpg

It feels a little bit heavier than the other ones.
I have no laser to compare to, unfortunately.

Visibility/Output
It has a nice beam nighttime, but it's not true 100mW, not even close.
My camera doesn't like beam, so I don't have good pics.
The dot:
DSCN2879.jpg

The beam ( it's stronger)
DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2882.jpg

Burning

The laser is very bright, but I couldn't burn anything with it. I tried to light a match with no results.

I think it's a good laser for the price. Well, you get what you pay for.

Sorry for my bad english. If you want me to add something, please tell me.

Moderators, feel free to edit it.

nice review.. it is your 1st you can improve it... :) thanks for the test however!

Ash

Thanks for the review.
Can you pop balloons with it? Can you light a match (with a magnifying glass)? Is it warm on your skin (the dot)? Can you burn a hole in a thin black plastic bag?
Just trying to get a feel for the possible power rating.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.
So, at the moment I don't have any balloons to test. I tried to light a match with a magnifying glass, but it didn't work. I tried to put a black dot on the match's "head", but it didn't work either. Yes, it's warm on my skin, but I can't burn holes on thin black plastic bags either.

Thank you for the suggestions.

So, at the moment I don't have any balloons to test. I tried to light a match with a magnifying glass, but it didn't work. I tried to put a black dot on the match's "head", but it didn't work either. Yes, it's warm on my skin, but I can't burn holes on thin black plastic bags either.

Did you try melting the thin black plastic bag using the magnifying lens?
If it won't melt/smoke a black plastic bag with the help of a focusing lens, then you're probably looking at less than 20mw depending on the diameter and focal length of the lens.

Good review, and i have to say that the laser pen is more than underspeced while i bet it's not ir filtered, either. Be careful when using it coz i saw the goggles are in low quality and it's the reflective type and a great deal of beam can still pass through.

No matter it can burn or not, be careful.
:)

DJNY

Good review, and i have to say that the laser pen is more than underspeced while i bet it's not ir filtered, either. Be careful when using it coz i saw the goggles are in low quality and it's the reflective type and a great deal of beam can still pass through.

No matter it can burn or not, be careful.
:)

His goggles are good enough for this laser ;)
I have the same one for my 200mW and I can tell you that they do a good job!

I should have 6 "100mW" lasers from FP today. I will test them all and write a review as well soon. Sorry yours is so underspec. I hope for around 65mW.

His goggles are good enough for this laser ;)
I have the same one for my 200mW and I can tell you that they do a good job!

i cannot say that u're wrong but i have stored a couple of goggles like this, purchased from a local seller; they're obvious reflective goggles, which are made by adding reflective coatings on the glass, and easily damaged by the light reflection and wear. And the beam passes though when it doesnot be reflected back.
Anyway, it might be a much better deal.:yh:

Did you try melting the thin black plastic bag using the magnifying lens?
I didn't, but I will.
By the way, I don't know if the temperature has anything to do with the laser performance. The room temperature here is arround 30° C.

Be careful when using it coz i saw the goggles are in low quality and it's the reflective type and a great deal of beam can still pass through.

I've been reading the topics here for a long time and, yes, I'm always careful. Thanks for the advice anyway. There are two latest review of these googles and they seem to be awesome. They aren't the best, of course, but when it comes to the price... And yeah they seem to be reflective goggles.

Well guys, I bought two of these for two friends of mine. Both were underspec. Well, I can't complain, since they are very cheap ones.

I'll buy a 50mW one from DX. Cheap but very good for price. This is gonna be mine.

Edit: I can burn holes on thin black plastic bags with and without a magnifying glass. I know I said I couldn't, but I just checked the wrong way. I can burn little holes on black plastic things, like my TV remote control.
Well, I still can't light matches.

Last edited:

Ash

Edit: I can burn holes on thin black plastic bags with and without a magnifying glass. I know I said I couldn't, but I just checked the wrong way. I can burn little holes on black plastic things, like my TV remote control.
Well, I still can't light matches.
Sounds like it is about 50mW. :evil:

I received 6 "100mW" lasers from fucallprice today.
3 were the star tipped pen style that open in the middle.
Powers are: 75mW, 35mW, 40mW
3 were the small solid CR2 battery style
Powers are: 35mW, 40mW, 60mW
The small CR2 ones have incredibly low beam divergence. INCREDIBLY LOW.
The pen ones have terrible beam divergence.
I highly recommend this laser Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082?PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.
Just don't expect it to be 100mW. The beam specs are incredible for only $17 (use discount 3OFF10.

VERY TIGHT. I actually didn't get a chance to measure it but it is clearly under 1 mRad. They have tighter beams than my RPL did. I will get some photos of these tonight and write an actual review of them. They deserve it.

Wow, that's great. Do you think RCR's would kill it? I dislike non-rechargeable batteries.