Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flexmod help por favor

Hey guys. I have always been a monkey see monkey do kinda guy. I am having a hard time understanding the directions for the flexmod. Normally i would have no problem fiddling because i don't care if i break it. but the flexmods are hard to come by..

can somebody please help me understand????

michael.

So uhh... what exactly is it you need help with? :D

General info,
Linear step down driver with analog modulation capabilities, originally intended to provide analog-modulated currents for laser heads inside scanners.

Need to connect analog mod input onto +V input of your entire driver, to ensure 100% of maximum preset current is permitted.

Also, driver is insanely huge, will only fit into those enormus D-cell accepting maglites and other hosts DTR somehow manages to find and use.

Are you using the P3?

If so then you need to supply 5V or more to the power input + pad, the ground pad is shared between the power input - and the modulation -, and the modulation + pad gets your 0-5V modulation signal from the DAC.

The input voltage is also applied to the interlock pad for simplicity. You can also route a wire from the power input + pad to an interlock switch and then on the interlock pad. This way you actually have the ability to kill the laser, which is the point of an interlock.

I hope this helps.. I'll try to draw a diagram when I get home from work.

Last edited:
ooops sorry for being vague...

i need to set the current and it will be used in a scanner. i am using 1 for my 445 and 1 for 2 LPC-826's.
i an going to use anolog modulation feature.
i also want to know if i should use one for my green labby or just keep the original driver ?

michael.

it is the 150mw version of the one ^^^ you posted in your DAC tutorial.

Last edited:
Theoretically you could use a Flexmod to drive the pump diode for analog modulation, but those lasers are TEC stabilized so you'd need to keep the original driver connected to run the TEC. I'm not sure about the wiring in those modules, so I'm not sure which wires in the cable are for the diode.

ok, cool i will keep the green set up as is. i will just keep my extra p3 as a spare.

also ef, thank you for post 3. i totally missed it earlier when i told you what green i had..

in concern to running 2 diodes on 1 p3. i see people run them in serial and parallel. which is better?

michael.

Series is better since they're guaranteed to get the same current.

( Thanks Mr. Kirchhoff :) )