Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flexdriven green?

Morgan

Hi All,I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question but I just want to check anyway.I can't think of a reason that would prevent me powering a DPSS green module with a Flexdrive. Can you?I know it involves desoldering a perfectly good set up but there is method to my madness. To run an RGV, (similar to the White Fusion), it would make sense to match the power inputs and most greenies like 3V as standard. I know you can run red and BRs with a Flexdrive down to 3V, (and some greens upto 3.7V if you overdrive them), but 3.7V would be a little more robust wouldn't it? I mean, with 3V for all 3 colours the voltage may drop below shutdown voltage for the flexdrives pretty quickly, (Flexdrives will likely be used to power at least the Red and BR if matched to a 3V supply for the green anyway). I understand about the case +ve and -ve aspect so there is no necessity to use one power source but it's neater and could reduce the number of batteries required in a build.I read that back and it seems a bit confusing but I'm hoping you catch my drift.Thanks,M:)
(everything seems to be running together regards spacing and paragraphs so forgive the cluttered presentation on this occasion. Thanks)

Morgan

It was the right time for it to go... It had a good run and all it's ambitions were accomplished. Don't feel sad, it didn't suffer. Others will surely follow...

lol,

M
:)

sure you can run a green module with a flex drive see that is how I set up WF's
2cxj1xs.jpg